Gamification is a modern business strategy that leverages principles from games to influence favorable customer behavior on the web in order to improve customer loyalty, engagement, and retention. Gamification can be used by any department in a company (HR, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Support, etc.), for any web-based experience (mobile, website, retail, community, etc.).
Business Gamification For Dummies explains how you can apply the principles of this strategic concept to your own business model.
- How gamification evolved from Farmville/Zynga and Facebook and is now something that can be applied to the work environment
- How to build a successful gamification program
- How to entice and retain customers using gamification
- How to drive employee behavior inside your organization
- Real-world illustrations of gamification at work
If you're interested in learning more about this exciting and innovative business strategy, this friendly, down-to-earth guide has you covered.
* Build a successful gamification program
* Entice and retain customers
* Drive employee behavior within your organization
Want to use gamification concepts in business? Game on!
Interested in improving customer loyalty, engagement, and retention? This expert guide to business gamification explains how to apply the principles of this strategic concept to your own business model to entice and retain customers in any web- or app-based experience. If you're interested in learning more about this exciting and innovative business strategy, Business Gamification For Dummies has you covered.
* Gamification 101 - find out how gamification helps you understand the psychology of your users, see how that relates to your business objectives, and determine what behaviors are likely to drive those objectives
* Pick your path - get a handle on the six types of gamification frameworks - social loyalty, community expert, competitive pyramid, gentle guide, company collaborator, and company challenge - to decide which is best for your business goals
* Get your game on - discover how to assemble your team and get your gamification program off the ground, whether you're building your own gamification program from scratch or partnering with a provider
* Smart gamification - expand your knowledge with suggested resources for further study and sites and apps that get gamification right
Open the book and find:
* The lowdown on game mechanics
* What makes users tick
* Tips on clarifying business objectives
* Valued vs. valuable behavior
* The rewards of rewarding
* The 4-1-1 on gamification frameworks
* How to use gamification technology
* Advice on deploying your gamification program
* The scoop on analyzing data