--John Allsopp, author and founder of Web Directions
"Jonathan's book is the most comprehensive documentation available for developing web applications for mobile Safari. Not just great tech coverage, this book is an easy read of purely fascinating mobile tidbits in a fun colloquial style. Must have for all PhoneGap developers."
-- Brian LeRoux, Nitobi Software
Device-agnostic mobile apps are the wave of the future, and this book shows you how to create one product for several platforms. You'll find guidelines for converting your product into a native iPhone app using the free PhoneGap framework. And you'll learn why releasing your product as a web app first helps you find, fix, and test bugs much faster than if you went straight to the App Store with a product built with Apple's tools.
- Build iPhone apps with tools you already know how to use
- Learn how to make an existing website look and behave like an iPhone app
- Add native-looking animations to your web app using jQTouch
- Take advantage of client-side data storage with apps that run even when the iPhone is offline
- Submit your applications to the App Store with Xcode
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Jonathan Stark is a mobile and web application consultant who the Wall Street Journal has called an expert on publishing desktop data to the web. He has written two books on web application programming, is a tech editor for both php-architect and Advisor magazines, and has been quoted in the media on internet and mobile lifestyle trends. Jonathan began his programming career more than 20 years ago on a Tandy TRS-80 and still thinks Zork was a sweet game.