Well, are you? If you are, pat yourself on the back. You're a step ahead of most people. The average citizen turns a blind eye to disaster preparedness and is largely unprepared to handle all but the most minor of emergency situations.
Do you really want to take a chance that could cost you and your family your lives?
The first thing most victims say is, "I never thought it would happen to me." Don't be caught unprepared when an emergency strikes that forces you to take refuge in your own home. The time to get ready for a crisis situation is now. Wait until the last minute and you'll be forced to pay top dollar for food, water and supplies, if you can find them at all. If not, you'll be forced to scavenge for scraps or beg for help, along with hundreds of thousands of others who couldn't be bothered to prepare.
The following topics are covered in this helpful and easy to read book:
- What hunkering down is and why it's preferred over bugging out.
- The disasters you should start prepping for.
- Bugging out vs. bugging in.
- The meaning of normalcy bias and how it can get you killed.
- Questions you need to ask yourself in an emergency situation that will help you determine the best course of action.
- The 5 plans you need in order to survive.
- Building a Get Home Bag that will give you the best chance of making it home if a disaster occurs while you're away.
- How long should you prepare to survive on your own?
- Shelter: Don't make any assumptions.
- Shutting down utilities.
- Water . . . Must have water.
- How to keep from freezing to death when the power is out.
- How not to starve to death.
- Staying clean when there's no running water.
- How to handle first aid emergencies when there is no professional medical care available.
- How to stay safe when you can't call the cops.
- How stockpiling alcohol and tobacco might save your life.
- Why you might not want to run a generator. HINT: There's a better option.
- The attack that could render all electronic equipment useless and how to protect your equipment.
- How to communicate when the phones stop working.
- Appendix #1: A list of supplies you'll need.
- Appendix #2: Survival skills you're going to need to learn (if you don't already have them).
- Appendix #3: Step-by-step guide to getting prepped.