Learn to build business solutions with SharePoint 2013
Now in its third edition, this perennial bestseller features a complete overhaul for the latest version of SharePoint. A must-have for building business solutions in SharePoint, real-world scenarios address critical information management problems and detailed descriptions explain how to efficiently and successfully handle these challenges. Plus, best practices for configuration and customization round out the coverage of getting started with SharePoint 2013 so that you can confidently make this platform work for your business today.
- Examines product functionality alongside realistic scenarios to provide you with contextual relevance
- Addresses managing permissions, reporting in SharePoint, and working with access services
- Offers updated content on working with lists, libraries, workflow, content types, and web parts
- Reviews social features, forms management, business connectivity services, and more
Beginning SharePoint 2013 is an ideal introduction to the latest iteration of this popular content management provider.
Following on the heels of successful previous editions, this perennial bestseller is completely updated for the latest iteration of SharePoint. The team of authors walks you through building business solutions using SharePoint 2013, while providing real-world scenarios and detailed descriptions that highlight best practices for configuration and customization. Featuring new chapters that discuss managing permissions and working with Access Services, this ideal introductory guide shows you how to efficiently handle a variety of SharePoint challenges that you may face and gives you the tools you need to put this popular content management platform to work for you.
Beginning SharePoint 2013: Building Business Solutions:
* Walks you through working with SharePoint workflows, content types, Web Parts, social features, sites, workspaces, and more
* Helps you manage and customize lists and libraries
* Discusses branding and the user experience
* Introduces web content management
* Addresses managing forms, permissions, and records
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.