Thumb Keyboard is a flexible keyboard that introduces a revolutionary and innovative "split" layout for Tablets and Phones. A layout that makes thumb-typing easier, more natural and more comfortable. Besides that it is also a standard keyboard with many features one will not find on a regular keyboard.
"Thumb Keyboard – The First Universally Functional Keyboard" (Android Guys)
"It's everything the Stock Android keyboard should be" (Gizmo Ninja)
"Thumb Keyboard makes two handed typing a breeze" "An epic win for tablet typing" (Android Police)
- Features, Tips and FAQ:
• 7 different layouts (with special layouts accommodated for comfortable thumb-typing)
• Innovative split layout for small screens (phones): wider keys!! and better layout for thumb-typing in portrait mode (screenshot 3) and better accessible keys landscape mode (screenshot 5).
• Split layout for Tablets and large screen devices: Better accessible keys for thumb-typing on 5", 7.1", 8.9" and 10.1" Tablets and 4"+ phones (screenshot 1 & 4).
No more unnatural stretching or juggling with your tablet...
• Full featured standard layout (screenshot 2)
• Text prediction: 6 languages supported (English, Spanish, German, French, Italian and Dutch) included in the app. More to come as separate downloadable packages
• Theme support (currently 8 themes, adjusted for several HD resolutions) NEW: Honecomb theme
• Voice input (Android 2.2+, only English supported)
• User dictionary
• Separate number keys and cursor keys on most layouts
• accented, international character support ( ä/ü/ö/ß etc)
• Fast switching between layouts
• Adjustable height (with separate adjustment of bottom bar)
• predefined layout combinations for portrait and landscape or define your own combination
• Easy popup keyboards for additional characters, numbers and smileys
• highly adjustable
• International keyboards: QWERTZ, AZERTY, modern Spanish, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Danish (more to come)
• Compatible with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) & Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
• And more features to come
Quick tip 1: If you don't want the text fields to cover the whole screen, enable "suppress full screen editors" in the settings menu
Quick tip 2: Long-press on the keyboard icon to try the different layouts
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. Where are the (international) accented characters like for example ä/ü/ö/ß etc.
A. To turn on accented character support please disable "Long press for numbers and characters" in the settings menu.
Q. Are the keys on the specialized thumb keyboard in portrait layout really 1.25 times wider than a normal keyboard?
A .Yes they certainly are. To see this, take the "QWERT" and the "YUIOP" keys from screenshot 2 and picture them together in 1 row. You will see that the row "QWERTYUIOP" (the top row of a standard qwerty keyboard) is wider than the screen. (Note also that the q is smaller than the other keys. This is done to make the t better accessible)
Q. How do I enable the keyboard / I don't see any keyboard when I have downloaded the app.
A. Please follow the instructions in the app called "thumb keyboard" in your app drawer. In short, activate the keyboard in the general android settings (section "keyboard and language" or "locale and text").
After that long press on an edit field, like for example an email you are composing, and select "Thumb Keyboard from "input methods".
For download troubleshooting, general market support and contacting Google please visit: https://market.android.com/support/
Support Beansoft: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Tablet, Galaxy Tab, Archos 101 / 70, Folio 100, Nook Color, Vega, ViewSonic Viewpad and GPad, gTablet, Dell Streak, Notion Ink Adam, Creative Ziio, Motorola XOOM, HTC Flyer, LG Optimus Pad, Keyboard, Typing, Text input