The bass is the heart of music. So leave center stage to the other musicians—you have more important work to do. You can find everything you need to dominate bass in Bass Guitar For Dummies, 3rd Edition.
You'll get expert advice on the basics, like deciding what kind of bass to buy and which accessories are necessary and which are just nice to have. Plus, you'll get step-by-step instructions for getting started, from how to hold and position your bass to reading notation and understanding chords, scales, and octaves to playing solos and fills.
- Access to audio tracks and instructional videos on Dummies.com
- New musical exercises as well as updates to charts, illustrations, photos, and resources
Whether you're a beginner picking up a bass for the first time or an experienced player looking to improve your skills, Bass Guitar For Dummies is an easy-to-follow reference that gives you just enough music theory to get you going on your way fast!
* Play many different musical styles
* Improvise using the proper scales
* Develop solid rhythm and timing
* Groove on the low end like a pro
Get grooving with this complete guide to playing bass guitar
Bass Guitar For Dummies, 3rd Edition, provides fresh, updated practice lessons, teaching techniques, and access to online sample tracks to hone your skills. Whether you've never held a bass before or you're looking to improve your skills, this resource will get you playing quickly!
* The world according to bass -- develop the skills you need to play bass in a band
* The bass-ics of playing -- explore the techniques for turning scales and chords into great music
* Making the moves, creating the grooves -- discover the joy of creating just the right groove for each musical genre
* Doin' it with style -- use new sample tracks, updated practice lessons, and example teaching techniques to discover the nuances of jamming out
* Make your bass an extension of you -- find out what to look for when buying a bass guitar and how to care for it like it's your baby
Open the book and find:
* A ton of grooves in a variety of different styles
* How to change strings and perform basic maintenance
* All-new exercises to improve your technique
* Warm-up exercises, same-string strokes, and string crossing
* Bass styles from genres from around the world
* Instruction on composing your own grooves
* Advice on buying and maintaining a bass guitar