Drawing on considerable experience as both parents and professionals in the paediatric profession, the best-selling parenting experts Dr. William and Martha Sears have produced the definitive guide to the frequently fraught and troublesome topic of sleep.
The Sleep Book is designed as a practical and contemporary guide to parenting, ensuring you can get your child to sleep and making sure night time isn’t dreaded. Containing the latest medical research, and providing informed and considered advice on all the issues, this book offers guidance and support to keep you and your child rested and refreshed.
Includes advice on all aspects of sleep such as:
• 8 infant sleep facts every parent should know
• 31 ways to get your baby to sleep and stay asleep
• Hidden medical causes of night waking
• Sleep trainers
• Night weaning – 12 alternatives for the all-night nurser
• Night terrors
• 5 reasons why high need infants sleep differently
• Sleep safety
• SIDS: the latest research on how sleeping with your baby is safe
• Co-sleeping: Yes, No, Sometimes
An invaluable resource for parents of young children, The Baby Sleep Book provides guidance on how to get your baby to sleep, what to do if he wakes up to often, what to do if he sleeps to much. It also helps with moving the place of sleep, sleepwear, managing the sleep time of more than one child, and night time feeding.