No matter how successful we are, we all face stressful and hard-to-handle challenges in daily life, and – if we want to be as happy and healthy as we can – we must learn to assert ourselves, make our voices heard and approach life with confidence and self-assurance.
This book is a roadmap to help you navigate your way through those challenging opportunities, hurdles and milestones. Taking universal scenarios case by case, and packed with practical tips, this inspiring, down-to-earth book will give you the tools to build your self-esteem and become happier, healthier, and in control of your own destiny.
- Written in an approachable style which posits practical solutions to a range of universal problems
- Deals with assertiveness in business, family, social situations and all areas of life
- Covers topics like ‘dealing with your boss’, ‘dealing with finances’, ‘asking for a pay rise’, ‘saying no at work’
You don't have to be pushy to get what you want. There are simple ways to assert yourself that will make you happier, healthier and more successful.
Assertiveness is about seeing the other person's viewpoint and being prepared to listen. The more flexible you are, the more choices you have about how you relate to others, and the more opportunities you have to resolve conflicts.
Packed with practical tools and techniques for dealing with a whole host of situations in work and life, you will learn how to:
* Get the respect you deserve at work, deal with your boss and say 'no'
* Get the best out of the people you work with
* Handle difficult behaviour and cope with conflict
* Be self-assured in meetings and presentations
* Deal with your family, friends and neighbours, and challenging social occasions
* Get the service you deserve from retailers, trades people and public services
* Sustain your assertiveness and maintain your wellbeing and balance
Don't be a push over - learn how to make your voice heard and deal with any tricky situation with self-assurance and confidence.