Are You Experienced [Vinyl LP]
Ob und wann dieser Artikel wieder vorrätig sein wird, ist unbekannt.
Kunden, die diesen Artikel angesehen haben, haben auch angesehen
Welche anderen Artikel kaufen Kunden, nachdem sie diesen Artikel angesehen haben?
Möchten Sie die uns über einen günstigeren Preis informieren?
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
Format : LP, 180 gram Sleeve : Gatefold Exclusive remastered DOUBLE ALBUM! Incl. 8-page full-colour booklet (12inchx12inch)!
Biographie der Mitwirkenden
'Are You Experienced' is the debut album by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Released in 1967, it was the first LP for Track Records. The album highlighted Jimi Hendrix's R&B-based, psychedelic, distortion- and feedback-laden electric guitar playing and launched him as a major new international star immediately. In 2003, Rolling Stone Magazine ranked it #15 on their 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
This book is seriously funny looking back on those days when you were young and confused (as opposed to old and confused). The characters of Dave and Liz stir up memories of how important it was to go for life experience at the beginning of adulthood, of how unclear it all seemed and how self-centred we were at the same time.
Dave comes across as a sissy and a loser during most of the story but in the end he manages to struggle through even without Liz who he wanted to have so badly at first. Liz’ character is laid out as so naïve, ruthless and egocentric, you cannot help but despise her. Or pity her hoping she will grow up one day.
Certainly, India is shown from a subjective angle. Are we allowed to find India revolting if we want to be politically correct? The answer is: Yes. This is a novel, not a factual report.
These are the perks of being a private teacher: You get to read good books your poor students have to deal with at school, but you get to read them at a much more suitable time in your life.
- understand and like satire and sarcasm
- have been on a few backpacking trips yourself or intend to do so
- find yourself asking questions about rich and poor (you won't find answers here but you will find that you're not the only one)
- like or hate (both will get what they want here) the typical backpacker
- are not afraid of some let's say more vivid scenes (Delhi Belly - big time)
- like reading "modern" language (there sure are a lot of cusswords)
- want to find out about the ups and mostly the downs of backpacking
- want to read about young characters who are trying to figure out who they are (or what their centre is)
- want to read about how travelling may change you and how it's not for everyone
- feel annoyed by everyone's need of going off to travel (or feel it yourself)
- want to laugh out loud when reading
You shouldn't read this book if you:
- are already in horror by reading the above ("You should read this book if you")
- are looking for a guidebook to India (they do name a few places but this will not be of much help)
- want to learn about Indian culture (get a traveller's guide or an appropriate book instead)
- can't handle close-minded people (the protagonist Dave and Liz are a little hard to get)
- feel offended when reading cusswords
It seldomly happens that I laugh out loud when reading but this book made me several times! I actually had to get my act together a few times when reading it on a bus or in a public place! Awesome!I liked this book so much because it was REAL. I can easily imagine that somewhere there is a guy like Dave who feels obliged to do the travel thing because everyone seems to be doing it now. So he goes off to do it and he hates it. He's a little close-minded and kinda tries to get his friend Liz into bed. But to be honest: there are soooo many people like that out there. He feels uncomfortable in some of the hostels (travellers, who hasn't experienced that, yet?) and doesn't really know how to handle his higher status that he gained a little unknowingly by birth ("first world problems" but still very disturbing when travelling abroad) . He has to deal with the same issues someone travelling in the real world has to deal with. This book is honest and maybe a little one-sided but well, that's what it is then. It wouldn't be a good book if it would tell us "everything's great" in every sentence. This is a character travelling and he's not really good at it, or at least, he's having a hard time coping with all of those spiritual thickheads. I for myself love travelling but when reading this book I often thought "sooo truuuueee!". I loved it.
Those who say that they didn't learn anything about India here, well yeah, you're right. But it's not because the implied author doesn't want to tell us about India or is not aware of it's chances and problems or anything like that. This story is about the inner workings of the protagonist and his interaction with all those other travellers. If you want to read about India's culture, get a non-fiction book. Because this one is - even if this bugs you - FICTION.
Leider hat der Transport deutlich länger gedauert, noch länger als die letztangegebene Vorhersage. ALso habe ich das Buch erst nach dem Klausurtermin bekommen, weshalb es komplett unbenutzt neben der neuen Ausgabe in meinem Schrank liegt.
sondern auch noch in einem unmöglichen Zustand.
So etwas kann man doch nicht verkaufen
Möchten Sie weitere Rezensionen zu diesem Artikel anzeigen?
Die neuesten Kundenrezensionen
gekauft und kann nun "hey Joe" und...Lesen Sie weiter
Der perfekte Sound für einen coolen Sommer