Get a handle on enterprise architecture and develop a strategy for success
An enterprise network is a complex creature. This book breaks it down into simpler bites. You'll understand the parts, what they mean to your company, how to make technology match your business goals, and how to create an enterprise culture. Then you'll get help with long-term planning, managing security, and getting the most from your technology.
* Know the game and the players -- understand enterprise components, the management roles involved, and the impact of platform selection
* What IT can do -- learn to align technology with organizational goals and explore regulatory compliance and risk management practices
* Who you are -- examine the fundamental aspects of identity management and how to develop an enterprise culture
* Nuts and bolts -- look at the elements of a distributed network, its resources, and how to establish long-term operational strategies
* Increase technology's value -- through virtualization, high-performance computing, Green IT strategies, and other practices
* Keep your guard up -- create effective disaster recovery solutions and develop a sound game plan against the ever-changing threats to interconnected systems
Open the book and find:
* Tasks, roles, and tools of IT architecture
* Risk and compliance issues for management
* Tips for reducing complexity
* Identity and access management strategies
* Effective communication methods
* How to plan for the mobile enterprise
* When green is profitable
* What to consider when planning technology updates
* Create an Enterprise IT strategy that meets business objectives
* Work with each layer of the technology stack
* Support organizational structure and processes
* Develop an action plan for implementation
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Kalani Kirk Hausman is a specialist in enterprise architecture, security, information assurance, business continuity, and regulatory compliance.
Susan L. Cook is a Senior IT Policy and Security Programs Administrator and a former compliance auditor. Both are employed by Texas A&M University.