- Gebundene Ausgabe: 20 Seiten
- Verlag: Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books; Auflage: Nov Pop (8. April 2008)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1416955658
- ISBN-13: 978-1416955658
- Vom Hersteller empfohlenes Alter: 24 Monate - 6 Jahre
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 26,7 x 4,3 x 17,8 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 1 Kundenrezension
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 256.088 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Alphabet (Paula Wiseman Books) (Englisch) Gebundene Ausgabe – 8. April 2008
Wird oft zusammen gekauft
Kunden, die diesen Artikel angesehen haben, haben auch angesehen
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
From the bestselling author Matthew Van Fleet comes a companion to bestselling TAILS, an alphabet book that will dazzle and delight! -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Gebundene Ausgabe.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Matthew Van Fleet’s innovative books have been introducing children to basic concepts for more than twenty years. His uniquely designed board books invite toddlers to touch, press, pull, lift, and even sniff as they explore colors, shapes, numbers, letters, opposites, and more. His New York Times bestselling titles include Cat, Heads, Alphabet, and Moo, as well as the #1 New York Times bestsellers Tails and Dog. His books have sold more than eight million copies and have been translated around the world. He lives with his family in New York. Visit him online at VanFleetBooks.com.
Welche anderen Artikel kaufen Kunden, nachdem sie diesen Artikel angesehen haben?
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
- I would strongly suggest that you buy "Alphabet" or any Matthew Van Fleet book from an online retailer. These books do damaging rather easily when played with young hands. As a result, almost every copy I saw at a box store had damage,
- A great gift for your child or for a niece or nephew that happens to have a birthday.
- Comes with a wonderful "Alphabet" poster that has a variety of tabs that reveal an animal. See the video review for an example. The poster alone is nearly worth the price of the book.
- Lots of texture, animation, tabs and silly situations for the animals.
Final Verdict - Probably my new favorite Van Fleet book - very highly recommended.
What I really like the most about this book is that it can "grow" with your child. Very young children will enjoy touching the different textures and making the kangaroos "jump". Older children will enjoy looking back through the book for the challenge of finding other alphabet word pictures that the author provides in the back of the book. You also get a 21-inch color poster included with the book that has pop-ups of the animals with corresponding letters that you can use to teach letters (or animals for that matter) to hang in an older child's room. A very worthy investment for your home library.
So what exactly ARE all of these texture words? "Scaly", "bristly". "scratchy", "wrinkly", "bumpy". "velvety", "scruffy". "furry", "whiskered" "sticky", "soft & squishy", "rough", "hairy", "fuzzy", "shaggy", "silky"... just terrific! Other nice teaching features other than its "Alphabet" title include colors (green, yellow, pink, blue, gray, orange), other descriptive words that are nicely represented ("shimmery" & "shiny". "striped" & "spotted", "tall" & "short"), along with numerous animal sounds ("roar", "squeak", "cheep", "tweeting", "snorting", "snoring") and movements ("climb", "pounce", "bounce", "swinging", "slithering", "waddling", "shake")... there's even a scratch & sniff "Stinkbug"! Now, you sure aren't going to find THAT critter as a featured animal in most board books (not to mention "Quahog" clams, "Tamarins", "Uacaris", "Warthogs" or "Xenops"!)
When youngsters are old enough, this would be a great book to keep them happily occupied during a car trip (or in a restaurant) - at least for a while :-) - while searching each page for the additional "safari" items. Another bonus feature is the cute (relatively sturdy) cardboard poster (which folds up and slips into a pocket at the end of the book), with letter tabs that flip open to reveal little pop-up animals - QUITE clever (and again, despite being received as a hand-me-down, all pop-ups were still intact other than the "Xerxes Blue Butterfly" whose wings had seen better days!)
I wouldn't hesitate to give this book as a gift (a NEW copy, that is!)... it's well worth the 2008 copyright date's imprinted US price of $19.99 on the back cover!