About This Book
- Understand what is unique about Alfresco's CMIS implementation and put your learning into practice
- Talk to content management servers in a standard way with HTTP, XML, JSON, and CMIS
- Understand Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) with CMIS featuring Drupal and Mule ESB
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who wants to learn how to build applications that talk to content management servers in a standard way using CMIS, this book is ideal for you. It will be helpful if you have a bit of programming experience, although it is not necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Integrate Drupal with a content management server via CMIS, so Drupal does not have to store documents and images
- Integrate multiple content management systems in a standard way via an enterprise service bus and a CMIS connector
- Handle advanced concepts such as versioning, permissions, and relationships between content items
- Talk to the Alfresco Cloud service via CMIS, so you can make content available outside the company firewall
Content Management Servers (CMS) have been around for a very long time, both proprietary and open source ones, but there has not been a standard way of talking to them until recently. The Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) standard provides both an application programming interface and a search language (based on SQL-92). Alfresco CMIS implementation is the basis for many existing CMIS applications, and you can use CMIS too to integrate your application with Alfresco.
Alfresco CMIS is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear step-by-step exercises that will help you take advantage of the real power of CMIS, and give you a good foundation in using it via HTTP/XML, Java, or scripting.It starts off with an introduction to the CMIS standard, in order to update you on the service API, object model, and query language.
Finally, you will learn how to talk to Alfresco Cloud service via CMIS!
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Martin Bergljung is a Principal ECM Architect at Ixxus, a UK Platinum Alfresco partner. He has over 25 years of experience in the IT sector, where he has worked with the Java platform since 1997. Martin began working with Alfresco in 2007, developing an email management extension for Alfresco called OpsMailmanager. In 2009, he started working on Alfresco consulting projects and has worked with customers such as Pearson, World Wildlife Fund, International Financial Data Services, NHS, VHI Healthcare, Virgin Money, Unibet, BPN Paribas, University of Westminster, Aker Oilfield Services, and Amnesty International. He is a frequent speaker and has delivered talks at Alfresco conferences in London, Berlin, and Barcelona. He is also the author of Alfresco 3 Business Solutions, Packt Publishing.