- Taschenbuch: 296 Seiten
- Verlag: Rampant TechPress; Auflage: First (31. Dezember 2012)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 0977671585
- ISBN-13: 978-0977671588
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 22,9 x 2 x 17,8 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 663.541 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Advanced Oracle SQL Programming: The Expert Guide to Writing Complex Queries (Oracle In-Focus) (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 31. Dezember 2012
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
Providing the best solutions to Oracle customers, this comprehensive manual answers some of SQL's most exciting challenges. Covering all the elements of an Oracle query including new features from Oracle versions 9i, 10g, and 11g this guide will help information technology managers and programmers alike to gain new insight into complex queries, advanced aggregation, and analytics techniques. Introducing Model and XML as new ways to retrieve data out of the database, this sourcebook culminates as a perfect companion for advanced programmers and Oracle experts.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Laurent Schneider is one of the most respected authors in Oracle technology, with many years of experience as a Systems Engineer and Database Engineer. Laurent achieved the highest level of DBA certification in 2004, being the first Oracle Certified Master in Switzerland and recipient of the prestigious Oracle Technology Network ACE trophy. Laurent has over a decade of expertise in development - specializing in data warehousing and database modeling as well as database administration. He currently works for a successful Swiss bank as application architect/developer. In his spare time, Laurent enjoys studying Chinese Chess strategy and has won the Swiss Championship. He lives on the sunny side of the Uetliberg with his wife Bertille, his daughter Dora and his son Loïc.
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com
- It feels more like a collection of Laurent's notes on various Oracle SQL topics.
- There is a disconnect between one topic and the next one.
- Topics are very brief, often not exceeding 3-4 sentences. Much more detailed discussion/analysis of each concept would have made the book more readable.
- More tips/tricks (like the ones in boxes with an explosive symbol) would have made me go back to this book often.
- This may sound trivial, but the formatting of the code unnecessarily takes up too much space. e.g, in the first chapter itself, all the "INSERT" statements run to 8 pages! They could have easily been arranged 2 columns/page. They are not even required because it is available for download anyway at the book's website.
Nice things I found in the book:
- Exercise problems are really good, will make you think.
- Explanation on Joins, Subquery and Hierarchical queries are so far the best I have read.
But sometimes, this is not enough, or maybe it does the job, but its slow or ugly. And you wonder - is there a better way to select data?
This book will show you a better way. Laurent Schneider is an Oracle developer with over a decade of experience. He shows you all the tricks and techniques that real experts use when writing queries.
"Advanced Oracle SQL Programming" covers every advanced function and feature that Oracle has to offer and gives plenty of real-life, business relevant examples of how these advanced features should be used. You'll find yourself writing better code almost immediately, and the book even contains exercises that will allow you to practice your new skills as you learn.