- Gebundene Ausgabe: 208 Seiten
- Verlag: Wiley; Auflage: 1. (21. Juni 2013)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1118509234
- ISBN-13: 978-1118509234
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 14,2 x 2,5 x 21,1 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 3 Kundenrezensionen
Nr. 42.295 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
- Nr. 829 in Management (Fremdsprachige Bücher)
- Komplettes Inhaltsverzeichnis ansehen
Andere Verkäufer auf Amazon
+ kostenlose Lieferung
+ EUR 3,00 Versandkosten
+ EUR 3,00 Versandkosten
The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months (Englisch) Gebundenes Buch – 21. Juni 2013
Wird oft zusammen gekauft
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
A guide to creating results through focus, commitment, and accountability
The 12 Week Year is a process forged in the field of sports, used by world-class athletes and transformed for business and everyday life by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington.
This is not a book of theory. The 12 Week Year has been vetted by thousands of clients and hundreds of companies, and is backed by years of real life experience. In this groundbreaking book, the authors unlock the simple secret to help you accomplish more.
What differentiates truly great performers and organizations from mediocre ones is an ability to effectively execute on what they know. There is a gap for most of us between what we know we should do, and what we are actually willing to do. This knowing-doing gap is what keeps most people and most companies from accomplishing what they are capable of.
The 12 Week Year incorporates the proven disciplines and principles of effective execution into the context of 12-week execution cycles. In the book, you'll discover how to develop clarity and focus on what matters most and a healthy sense of urgency to get it done. You'll learn how to:
* Take back control of your day
* Increase your income
* Balance the priorities in your life
* Lower your stress
* Accomplish your goals in record time
The 12 Week Year is a how-to book for both individuals and organizations that would like to accomplish more in the next 12 weeks than others will in the next 12 months. Join the thousands who are already experiencing the benefits of the 12 Week Year. Get this book and turn the idea of a year on its head, and speed your journey to success. Leverage the power of The 12 Week Year to drive improved results in any area of your life.
Praise for The 12 Week Year
"This book takes all the core business principles I believe are so valuable-discipline, consistency, focus, intensity, ownership, accountability, and planning-and puts them together in a straightforward system that actually works. What more can you ask for?"
-MATTHEW E. WINTER, President, Allstate Auto, Home and Agencies
"The 12 Week Year is a book you can open to any chapter and find valuable insights and practical actions you can put into practice today. Read it; study it; apply it!"
-TOM IZZO, Head Coach, Michigan State University men's basketball team
"Brian Moran and Michael Lennington have persuaded me that focusing on shorter time periods-four 'year ends' instead of one-brings clarity and urgency to individuals and teams. I've already drawn up my own 12-week plan. Exciting!"
-SUSAN SCOTT, author of Fierce Conversations and Fierce Leadership
"If you are an executive or entrepreneur and you are serious about creating a high-performance culture that executes well, then read this book and have your team read it too."
-JOHN VACCARO, Senior Vice President, MassMutual Financial Group
"The 12 Week Year is a powerful system for achieving extraordinary results both professionally and personally. It's a simple yet proven approach to creating breakthrough results. If you're committed to making lasting changes, this is a must-read!"
-TOM BURNS, Chief Distribution Officer, Allianz
Kunden, die diesen Artikel angesehen haben, haben auch angesehen
Derzeit tritt ein Problem beim Filtern der Rezensionen auf. Bitte versuchen Sie es später noch einmal.
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com
The main themes of the book were as follows:
1) Shorten your feedback loop on goals that you set. Hence the 12 Week language.
2) Prioritize your time by blocking it off through a weekly plan.
3) Measure your execution regularly, and work to improve it.
4) Focus your goals and join a community for accountability.
The language, the examples, and the constant promotion of their “workshop” was not value adding to the book. Even the examples—which were mostly if not all sales examples—did not have details.
The worksheets examples were dated and lacking detail. Also, the authors repetition of the same concepts watered down the books good nuggets of wisdom.
The negative reviews that say there is nothing new in this book are right, but they are missing the point. The author himself says there really isn't anything new to be brought to the table as far as concepts go. The incredibly VALUE of this book lies in the ideas behind it, the mindset you need to execute it, and the actual process of taking action step by step as outlined.
I accomplished more with this program than I ever would have without it. I am applying this not only to my business, but our homeschool year and my homemaking/home improvement efforts.
- The book gives a lot of good ideas and references for setting up a productive time system.
- Based on what they found working in their company The Execution Company
- Great Price for what is offered in similar courses that cost X20 more.
- Shortens the Cycle to 12 Weeks
- Proposes a system for feedback to see if your on track.
- Mentions Time Blocking
- Has you self grade yourself in 7 areas, on a scale of 1-10.
- Focuses you on a few key tasks.
- Good call outs to more resources.
- Good explanation of Commitments
- Good explanation of common pitfalls
- Link to a free 12 week autoresponder weekly series that sends a pdf with needed forms.
- Good to call out the need for a partner, for the accountability issue.
- Discusses need to focus.
What I am Not Seeing:
- Mention of Scrum. A lot of what they are proposing is basically a scrum or agility based time management system, for the individual.
- No link to free forms for the system. I guess you get that from the free autoresponder system, or pay X Dollars for the workbook. It would be nice if this was explained more at the back of the book
- Matchbook Pricing. I love it when authors when you buy the physical book, offer a Matchbook for the Kindle Edition.
- No monitoring of your energy level. Another system you can buy includes this.
- Continual process improvement - another part of Scrum.
I am guessing if you use the software, small fee needed, it makes setting up the system a lot easier.
Three authors clearly establish WHY the 12-week will help you and more importantly, HOW to implement a 12-week year.
Case studies across verticals show how the concepts can be applied both individually and corporately.
Today is the last day of my first 12-week year. I can say that I have both accomplished more (completed more projects) and earned more in the past 12 weeks than in the 12 that preceded.
My only criticism is that I felt there should have been more for those of us who completed the first 12. The system is the same regardless of your first or twentieth 12. But I felt that there should have been a detailed debrief at the end which would have us examine key successes, difficulties, and adjustments for the next 12. Some of that is discussed throughout, but I would encourage others to perform a similar debrief at the end of the first cycle in order to make the next cycle even more productive than the first.