Am höchsten bewertete kritische Rezension
8 von 10 Personen haben dies hilfreich gefunden.
fine...but not for everyone
am 8. November 2013
2. support the underdog (alternative to Samsung, Intel)
3. easy to open packaging (two screws are included if you were wondering)
4. upgrading the firmware provided some thrills
5. sub-par firmware update documentation and firmware upgrade tools
6. no migration software bundled
7. no for-SSD optimization tools (à la Samsung Magician) included
8. lots of boasting about validation yet only 3 years of warranty (why not 5 if you really believe in your products)
* PX-128M5M5 with firmware 1.03 was not recognized by Thinkpad X230; system board fail error code (1 + 3 + 3 beeps I believe), no boot.
* had to flash the firmware to 1.04 in a newish Ideapad (not worthy of the Thinkpad name if you ask me) T430u - by the way, do not buy the T430u if you have the choice - it has the absolute worst laptop screen I have seen in ages = AUO B140XTN02.5) ; not everyone has a spare laptop around much less one with a spare mSATA port
* the firmware update involved booting from a CD (well, USB key in my case) into some DOS clone environment (this felt like in the 3.5" floppy days); I see this as a potential turn-off for some folks (the very positive-minded folks may say that the OS-agnostic process is a PRO)
Nothing to say about reliability so far (knock wood) - I will add one star if it still runs in 3 years' time and another one after 5 years if Plextor are still in business.
Hope this helps (even though it's not in German)