1 von 1 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich
4.0 von 5 Sternen
A must for any professional TLS related developer, 23. November 2013
This book is not only an excellent template for developing your own system for secured communication but also the incredible introduction into the basics of the cryptography in the volume minimally sufficient for understanding SSL and TLS.
If your challenge is one of the following this is the book for you:
1. Deep understanding in the shortest possible time how the secured communication and networks if trust work
2. Development of your own or extending an existing implementation of SSL/TLS e.g. for an embedded system or any other where you cannot, don't want or may not use existing open source and commercial solutions
3. Development of the protocol network or similar analyzers
4. Security audits of the network traffic
5. Development of the test software which should emulate a "controlled incorrect" behavior of one of the communication partner
This list is of course not complete and can be continued
The only small weakness which should be fixed by the author is the matter that the proposed TLS 1.2 has intentionally adopted some bugs of the current for the publication time version of the GnuTLS. This was one of the very few, when not the only publicly available implementation of the TLS 1.2. This was done to make the sources in the book testable against those of the reader utilizing the TLS 1.2 in GnuTLS. The latter are fixed a long time ago but the downloadable sources for the book are not modified. So the implementation of the PRF for the TLS 1.2 in the book must be double checked before using.