A collection of twelve tales by award winning short story author Stephen Livingston. Written in a wide range of styles (including first, second and third person narration) and covering a variety of themes from art, science and politics to metamorphosis and murder.
1. Choose Your Future - Winner of the Canongate Prize for New Writing, first published in the anthology "Scotland into the New Era".
2. Recycling - First published in the anthology "Scores 4" by the University of St. Andrews, Department of English.
3. The Waster's Tale - Winner of the EndPapers Tales Series Prize, first published in the anthology "Glasgow Tales".
4. The Wheel of Justice - Hilarious dark humour set on a near future TV game show in the U.S.
5. She Won't Call - A snapshot of student life.
6. A Cataract of Breaking Glass - A heartbreaking tale of transatlantic love and loss.
7. Come Dancing - One page sketch combining sex and music.
8. The Farmer's Right Arm - Modern technology meets faith on the farm.
9. Jaipur Gems - A tourist meets the gangsters of the gemstone business in India.
10. The Adventures of Freddie the Moth - A tale of metamorphosis.
11. Work Abroad - Hopes of a new future aren't always what they seem.
12. The Tell-Tale Trunk - Contemporary reworking of Edgar Allan Poe's classic "The Tell-Tale Heart".