Kunden diskutieren > englische bücher Diskussionsforum

amazon.uk sells e-books up to 39 % below amazon.de

Sortieren: Ältester zuerst | Neuester zuerst
1-20 von 20 Diskussionsbeiträgen
Ersteintrag: 05.09.2011 19:26:16 GMT+02:00
Ulisse meint:
A Short History Of England UK price in ¤ 11,53, amazon.de price ¤18,63 and closes UK market for non UK citizens!
Very shrewd indeed.

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 01.11.2011 08:30:18 GMT+01:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 01.11.2011 08:34:43 GMT+01:00
Smokey meint:
I am a Uk citizen living in Germany with a registered Amazon account in the UK and Germany. I wanted to buy a Global Kindle 3G +Wi Fi so that I could download Kindle books from the UK site not ony because they are so much cheaper than the German site but the choice is much bigger. They refused to do this insisting that I buy from the German site or from Amazon.com where everything is in dollars, therefore making everything much more expensive. Their argument is that they are only allowed to sell to Uk residents. However if my friend had a Global Kindle when she comes to visit here she could download from the Uk site, no problem. I feel I am being discriminated as a UK citizen just because I live in Germany, as, like my friend, I have a registered account with Amazon that is linked to my Uk bank account. So as Ulisse says very shrewed indeed, but also applies to UK citizens living abroad.
I have not and will not buy a Kindle if I have to rely on Amazon Germany until they reduce their prices for ebooks and give us a much wider choice. We all lose out including Amazon!

Veröffentlicht am 15.03.2012 13:14:32 GMT+01:00
Frage habe etwas bezogen unter der Nr.1423601770090194 und möchte wissen was das war.Finde bei mir keine Rechnuing

Veröffentlicht am 15.03.2012 13:15:58 GMT+01:00
[Die meisten Kunden meinen, dass dieser Beitrag nicht zur Diskussion gehört. Beitrag dennoch anzeigen. Alle nicht nützlichen Einträge anzeigen.]

Veröffentlicht am 15.03.2012 13:23:40 GMT+01:00
Tedesca meint:
Das wird Dir in diesem Forum auch keiner sagen können, dafür muss Du Dich an den Kundendienst wenden...

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 15.03.2012 15:57:32 GMT+01:00
rubyeyerat meint:
go to 'country settings' in your 'manage kindle'-site

then change country by going to 'united kingdom', add an address (you might even know relatives to 'chose' from) and voila!

I now can easily switch from my German account to 'my uk' one and back with only changing the (stored) country settings and happily go for both the UK and German dailydeal offer ;)

...only learned that 'trick' few days back from some nice German bargain-site..

Veröffentlicht am 15.03.2012 16:02:12 GMT+01:00
rubyeyerat meint:
Btw, so far I don't even have a kindle (yet) - I purchase via internet and read the ebooks using the kindle app for androids. - I hope I could actually help with my posting

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 15.03.2012 16:02:33 GMT+01:00
Smokey meint:
Thanks for the tip.

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 17.03.2012 20:38:20 GMT+01:00
Eva N. meint:
That does not work with a German adress.

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 17.03.2012 22:27:23 GMT+01:00
rubyeyerat meint:
no, of course it doesn't.

If you change your country settings to UK you'll have to enter a UK-adress - well, be creative. ;) Maybe you have a friend in UK whose adresse you get permission to use, or ..well, just make sure street and postal code match.

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 19.03.2012 23:04:41 GMT+01:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 19.03.2012 23:06:43 GMT+01:00
djDeeJay meint:
I am german resident staying for some days in poland, where i bought a book which i need urgent for kindelpc, one day later i got a mail that i have to send in passportcopies and so on to show i am german citizien

means: they check ip addresses cross with ur residence adress

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 20.03.2012 04:35:42 GMT+01:00
rubyeyerat meint:
mail (snail-mail) or e-mail?

So far no such email reached me, but I don't know if someone at my given UK-address might be wondering just now what a letter like this is supposed to mean.

Till now I haven't had any problems purchasing UK-ebooks.

What about others? Are there others who had to prove their identity in order to buy some ebooks?

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 20.03.2012 08:55:58 GMT+01:00
djDeeJay meint:
email of course, sorry thats so normal that i forgot already the existens of snailmail

i will give them their books back i will not send any legitimation to them,I thought we are in europe?

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 20.03.2012 15:29:58 GMT+01:00
rubyeyerat meint:
sorry to hear you are stressed because of all this.

May I ask, just for a better understanding : You had an existing German amazon account before (with the "country settings" as well - still - set to Germany) and while abroad and doing a purchase you were asked to identify yourself as a "true German resident"?

Since they contacted you via your email account, I could only think that you may have OPENED the account in Poland (outside of Germany) and used for the first time and they want to make sure that it's no identity theft??

I really wouldn't know why else they would contact you by email then. I wouldn't know what else could make sense. I wouldn't imagine amazon is trying to prevent their customers from spending money while travelling. It's just a guess.

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 20.03.2012 15:40:32 GMT+01:00
rubyeyerat meint:
eine andere Frage dazu, an die ich bisher nicht gedacht hatte:

haben Sie das Ebook ueber den Kindle odr den PC bestellt? ...wobei.. "smokeys" Bekannte/Freundin konnte mit ihrem Kindle auch ausserhalb Grossbritanniens UK-Buecher ueber ihren Kindle kaufen. Ich weiss es wirklich nicht, sorry.

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 20.03.2012 16:54:54 GMT+01:00
djDeeJay meint:
No, i downloaded kindlepc first, then bought 2 english books i needed immidiatly, yes i am with my german adress client of amazon since years but only for real books, what i wanted to point to is that they check ipadresses for puchases so the english trick might fail.
Here the original email from amazone:

Guten Tag,

wir haben festgestellt, dass Sie den Titel "Auction Theory" von einem anderen Land aus bestellt haben, als in Ihrem Amazon Kundenkonto hinterlegt ist. Bestimmte Kindle-Titel sind nicht überall verfügbar.

Sollten Sie in ein anderes Land gezogen sein, können Sie problemlos die Landeseinstellungen in Ihrem Amazon-Konto unter „Mein Kindle“ aktualisieren:
http://www.amazon.de/meinkindle

Wenn dies nicht zutrifft bitten wir Sie, uns Ihren Wohnsitz zu bestätigen.

Hilfreiche Informationen für uns sind:

- Reisepass
- Aufenthaltsgenehmigung
- Führerschein
- Weitere Ausweise mit Lichtbild

Sie erreichen uns uns per Fax unter +49-941-78878-240.

Bitte vermerken Sie auf dem Fax „Kindle Bestellung“ und geben Sie die Bestellnummer oder Ihre E-Mail Adresse an.

Wir möchten Ihnen versichern, dass wir diese Informationen vertraulich behandeln.

Sollten darüber hinaus noch Fragen offen sein, können Sie uns jederzeit kontaktieren.
Klicken Sie dafür einfach auf die Kontaktinformationen in der rechten Spalte der Kindle-Hilfeseiten unter:

http://www.amazon.de/kindle-hilfe

Wählen Sie auf unserer Website "Kontaktieren Sie uns" aus, klicken Sie auf die Registerkarte "Telefon", und geben Sie Ihre Telefonnummer ein, damit wir Sie zurückrufen können.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Amazon.de
http://www.amazon.de

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 20.03.2012 17:40:51 GMT+01:00
rubyeyerat meint:
ok, by taking your point I wont dwell any further on your problem/anecdote, but simply reply that I had installed (and thus connected with my amazon account) the kindle app within Germany and had bought several ebooks before I learned 'that trick' how to get ebooks from amazon.co.uk for the UK price.

So far it did work for me and at least as well for the guy who had posted that trick on 'mydealz.de' - what else to say now for me?

Veröffentlicht am 21.03.2012 14:47:45 GMT+01:00
Janko meint:
I can also just second that, it works like a charm. Especially if you've got the addresses in other countries saved as delivery addresses, it is a mere couple of mouse clicks.
I'm happily switching back and forth between Germany, England and Spain and have all books happily delivered to all subscribed devices.

Sometimes when trying from the website, it lists the book as not available in kindle format for your country when having switched it to a differing one. The store on the device however also reflects the change and still allows me to buy. I just switched my kindle account from UK to Germany and bought a book via the Android app while in Spain. Worked flawlessly from the app, despite from not having it listed as available from the website store.

Hope that helps.

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 21.03.2012 14:54:52 GMT+01:00
djDeeJay meint:
FYI:
I resigned today my kindle orders and the Customerservice told me that when they recognize heavily use of "out of country ips" they block the customers account

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 21.03.2012 16:36:50 GMT+01:00
rubyeyerat meint:
thank you very much for this kind information.

How did the customerservice come to mention this point about 'out of country ips' to you in the first place?
Esp. the stress about 'heavily use', since that certainly would not have been the problem with your order?

@Janko: so it works not only for me ;) ..or maybe 'workED' considering the FYI above...
‹ Zurück 1 Weiter ›
[Kommentar hinzufügen]
Schreiben Sie einen Beitrag zu dieser Diskussion
Verwenden Sie zum Einfügen eines Produktlinks dieses Format: [[ASIN:ASIN Produkt-Name]] (Was ist das?)
Eingabe des Log-ins

Kürzliche Einträge in englische bücher Diskussionsforum (574 Diskussionen)

Zur Diskussion

Teilnehmer:  8
Beiträge insgesamt:  20
Erster Beitrag:  05.09.2011
Jüngster Beitrag:  21.03.2012

Neu! Bei neuen Einträgen eine E-Mail erhalten.
Von 6 Kunden verfolgt

Kundendiskussionen durchsuchen