Kunden diskutieren > englische bücher Diskussionsforum

We can get a book for free? Great! Please post here!

Sortieren: Ältester zuerst | Neuester zuerst
326-350 von 614 Diskussionsbeiträgen
Veröffentlicht am 20.03.2013 19:20:16 GMT+01:00
Barca_10 meint:
Midnight's Revolution

FREE Poetry Collection on 21st March

"This collection made me acutely feel the strength of love and loss. Shown in beautiful prose, this text was honest and thought-provoking and showed that in any span of life, one feels an array of emotions and deals with an array of happenings that alter and change a person's outlook on life. A powerful read…" (Goodreads review)

Check out rjdillon.com

Veröffentlicht am 21.03.2013 08:02:14 GMT+01:00
The Nr one of the series Unleashed (A Sydney Rye Novel, # 1) by Emely Kimelman about Sydney Rye and her rescue dog, Blue, yet at book 4.

DEATH in HAWAII (Forbes and Strong Detective Mysteries) by Arnold Brookes, a series, too.

The Kona Shuffle by Tom Bradley jr., a crime novel also set in Hawaii

Have a good read!

Veröffentlicht am 21.03.2013 22:45:41 GMT+01:00
K Samuels meint:
Sorry for the short notice!
Free until midnight tonight (21st March), The Rice Filter by Kenton Samuels. Science Fiction thriller with a Japanese flavour!
The Rice Filter (English Edition)

Enjoy!

Veröffentlicht am 22.03.2013 09:25:26 GMT+01:00
Ben Stevens meint:
Japan: A 365 Day History
FREE download, Friday - Sunday. Ideal for anyone interested in Japanese/Oriental history. Thank you.

Veröffentlicht am 23.03.2013 02:10:58 GMT+01:00
Irma Fritz meint:
All out of miracles? Take one of mine! Watch for free Kindle download of
Amazing Grace (The Angel of Death)
during Holy Week.

Veröffentlicht am 23.03.2013 06:31:11 GMT+01:00
FREE until Tuesday, March 26th. Shadows After Midnight. 12 spooky tales by 12 award-winning authors. Perfect for a good bedtime scare. A spine-tingling collection reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock. NOT gory. Shadows After Midnight (After Midnight Anthologies Book 1) (English Edition)

Thank you, and happy reading.

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 23.03.2013 09:43:59 GMT+01:00
Endeavour meint:
"My First Murder" by T. J. Edison. Free for the 24th/25th March. The first in a series.
Also as paperback.

Veröffentlicht am 23.03.2013 14:27:07 GMT+01:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 23.03.2013 14:27:59 GMT+01:00
Rondo K meint:
Recommended by Susanne Weigand - Books for German Readers

FREE March 23 to March 27.

The Chaosifier

The Chaosifier Fantasy von Mike Evers
Ein Sturm zieht auf. Hoch auf einem Berg, mitten in Europa hat ein rachsüchtiger Herrscher ein schreckliches Instrument in die Hände bekommen. Die Zukunft der Menschheit steht auf dem Spiel und nur eine Gruppe beherzter Kobolde kann ihn aufhalten. Da ist nur noch das Problem einer Verbrechenswelle, des Zusammenbruchs der globalen Finanzmärkte und des 3. Weltkriegs zu lösen.

The Chaosifier

A storm is brewing.

High on a mountain in Central Europe a vengeful chaos lord has managed to get a terrifying device to do his bidding. The future of the whole of mankind is at stake, and only a plucky band of luck goblins can possibly stop him.

There's just the troublesome matter of a crime wave, global financial meltdown, and WW3 to deal with first...

A rip-roaring fantasy adventure from the author of The Spirit Archer and Campaign of the Gods.

Review excerpts:

"The magical concepts in the book are creative and engaging, yet the characters can be easily related to and the magic weaves through a world the reader knows. The result is an enchanting story that is thought-provokingly possible." -- debzi f, Amazon UK

"The story is well written, fast paced and hard to put down! The journey across snowy Europe reminded me of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. There are also elements of the story which would appeal to fans of The Hobbit and Harry Potter." -- Jelly Bean, Amazon UK

"I thought it topical funny and found it hard to put down, or in this case turn off. Overall I found it very enjoyable and different." -- TarquiniusTastebuds, Amazon UK

"Mike Evers' The Chaosifier is a joyful fantasy/ boy's own adventure story with a touch of satire. Think The Borrowers mixed with Mission Impossible and the knockabout humour of Dad's Army and Four Lions!" -- Paul D Brazill, Amazon

"I definitely recommend this well-written novel to readers of fantasy. The story has a slow build up to the climax, but once there, I was hooked. " -- C. Rice, Amazon US

"Author, Mike Evers debut, YA fantasy novel is a smash hit. Appealing to both young and old, the characters are loveable even at their worst. A touch of sci-fi brings the fantasy experience to life. You begin to question the "what if's" of a story which mirrors very closely to reality. An exciting read, The Chaosifier will keep you riveted until the end." -- L-A. Graf Vinson, Amazon US

"As a reader I have read another book by this author; it too was a fable tale about Robin Hood and was a delight, The Spirit Archer. I did not expect anything less from this writer, he has such a creative mind and a writing style which is delightful, entertaining and full of wonder and chills all at the same time. It reminds me of the favorite book, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe full with its zany adventures and moral consciousness." -- S Mahoney, Amazon US

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 23.03.2013 15:34:52 GMT+01:00
Lhiannon T. meint:
Thank you so much for posting this one. That was one of the nicest books I read in years :-)

Veröffentlicht am 24.03.2013 11:13:47 GMT+01:00
lisa meint:
I am doing a One Day Event with my novels. For the next four days, one of my novels will be free for a day. Today Blue Smoke and Madness is free. This novel is a psychological horror novel, and not for the easily offended!

Enjoy!
Lisa Hinsley

Veröffentlicht am 24.03.2013 23:23:52 GMT+01:00
Irma Fritz meint:
All out of miracles? Have one of mine! Watch for free download of this Kindle short Tue - Sat during Holy Week!

Veröffentlicht am 25.03.2013 13:37:54 GMT+01:00
lisa meint:
Amazon best seller Coombe's Wood is a thriller/suspense novel set in the English countryside, and free for today only.

Enjoy!
Lisa Hinsley

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 25.03.2013 14:19:30 GMT+01:00
Stefan Fries meint:
The Motel Slut from tomorrow to saturday free for all ;)

Veröffentlicht am 25.03.2013 14:50:41 GMT+01:00
[Vom Autor gelöscht am 25.03.2013 14:52:22 GMT+01:00]

Veröffentlicht am 25.03.2013 14:51:31 GMT+01:00
Rondo K meint:
STILL FREE and currently at number 3 on the mythology chart (free).

Come on my German friends. Let's make it number 1!!

Recommended by Susanne Weigand - Books for German Readers

FREE March 23 to March 27.

The Chaosifier

The Chaosifier Fantasy von Mike Evers
Ein Sturm zieht auf. Hoch auf einem Berg, mitten in Europa hat ein rachsüchtiger Herrscher ein schreckliches Instrument in die Hände bekommen. Die Zukunft der Menschheit steht auf dem Spiel und nur eine Gruppe beherzter Kobolde kann ihn aufhalten. Da ist nur noch das Problem einer Verbrechenswelle, des Zusammenbruchs der globalen Finanzmärkte und des 3. Weltkriegs zu lösen.

Veröffentlicht am 25.03.2013 23:52:10 GMT+01:00
Marta Szemik meint:
Mistress CLaire is available for free MArch 25-29
Mistress Claire (My Reason to Cheat Book 1) (English Edition)
Adult Content!!! 18+

Veröffentlicht am 26.03.2013 15:41:46 GMT+01:00
Irma Fritz meint:
FREE!

A woman named Grace, her daughter Lydia & a suicidal bum wreak havoc on one congregation's hopes of a miracle. Or maybe not? Free download of this Kindle short now through Saturday!

Veröffentlicht am 26.03.2013 22:54:44 GMT+01:00
Irma Fritz meint:
Kostenlos Kindle download bis Samstag!
Nr. 1 in Kindle-Shop > eBooks > Fremdsprachige eBooks > Englische eBooks > Religion

Veröffentlicht am 27.03.2013 14:13:02 GMT+01:00
Andrea B. meint:
Free Download tomorrow, March 28:

The Easter Piggy (English Edition)

A read-aloud Easter story for children.

Veröffentlicht am 27.03.2013 16:46:36 GMT+01:00
Morgan meint:
The Last Stoic

The Last Stoic e-book is free for download from Amazon, March 27-29. 4+ stars. Ancient Rome meets Modern America - Historical Fiction with a twist.

US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9MKOI2
UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A9MKOI2
CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00A9MKOI2

"Morgan has written a book that is highly original and beautifully executed. The balance between the Roman world and the modern world is maintained with skill and adroitness, and the narrative is deftly woven through both of these time periods, never faltering or losing momentum.

The Last Stoic is a fascinating, parallel look at two societies who are not, as it turns out, as different or distinct as one might think."

- Helen Humphreys

** Long-listed for the 2012 ReLit Award for Fiction.**

The Last Stoic is a story of appetite and fear, both modern and ancient. Half of the story's narrative occurs in the time and place of the ancient Roman Empire; the other half occurs in the present-day United States. The parallels between the two eras are so strong that the narrative continues uninterrupted as the setting shifts from historic Rome to modern America, alternating from chapter to chapter.

Marcus, a young man from a northern provincial border town, journeys deep into the heart of the empire and witnesses first-hand the excesses that can lead to ruin, both personal and political. His story offers an ancient commentary on the preoccupations of our own turbulent times. Shortly after his arrival, the empire is thrown into a panic by an unprecedented barbarian attack on the capital. Suspicion and paranoia abound. A young Roman/American runaway named Patrick, disillusioned with his own life and the state of his country, becomes convinced that Marcus is a dangerous traitor. Culminating in a public accusation made by Patrick, Marcus is wrongfully imprisoned, exiled and tortured as an enemy of the state. In prison, he confronts the many contradictions he has found in his adopted home, and in himself.

Throughout the story, in both eras, the writings of the philosopher-emperor Marcus Aurelius (The Meditations) insinuate themselves unexpectedly into Marcus' life. In prison, he is saved by a chance meeting with Sextus Condianus, the "last Stoic" of the title, a cell-mate who is able to fully recite Aurelius' words and impart their wisdom. Ultimately, it is this unanticipated and unbidden instruction that gives the young man the strength he requires to survive. It becomes evident that the words of the venerable Stoic emperor have as much relevance to our own era as they did to his.

Veröffentlicht am 28.03.2013 08:58:29 GMT+01:00
PA meint:
Brilliant to see this class act free again - In Loco Parentis (Killer Kindle)
and here's a stunner that's always free Short Fuses (Four free short stories).

Happy Easter.

Veröffentlicht am 28.03.2013 10:24:01 GMT+01:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 28.03.2013 10:24:46 GMT+01:00
Andrea B. meint:
My read-aloud Easter story "The Easter Piggy" and its German version "Das Osterschweinchen" are now available for free. (Will be until about 7 am GMT tomorrow morning)
The Easter Piggy (English Edition)
Das Osterschweinchen

Veröffentlicht am 29.03.2013 17:59:10 GMT+01:00
Irma Fritz meint:
Kostenlos heute und morgen!

Amazing Grace (The Angel of Death) - Irma Fritz's "Amazing Grace," a story in the newly released collection THE ANGEL OF DEATH, manages to deliver surprise after surprise. Heartfelt, humorous and skillfully told, this is a tale to delight and renew one's faith in the unseen forces of life. Highly recommended.

Veröffentlicht am 30.03.2013 17:28:05 GMT+01:00
josie meint:
Free, funny teen book: The prom, the date and a whole lot of laxatives!
The prom, the date and a whole lot of laxatives!

Veröffentlicht am 30.03.2013 17:31:06 GMT+01:00
Irma Fritz meint:
Inspirational short story. Download FREE before midnight tonight!
[Kommentar hinzufügen]
Schreiben Sie einen Beitrag zu dieser Diskussion
Verwenden Sie zum Einfügen eines Produktlinks dieses Format: [[ASIN:ASIN Produkt-Name]] (Was ist das?)
Eingabe des Log-ins

Kürzliche Einträge in englische bücher Diskussionsforum (571 Diskussionen)

Zur Diskussion

Teilnehmer:  230
Beiträge insgesamt:  614
Erster Beitrag:  19.03.2012
Jüngster Beitrag:  Vor 22 Tagen

Neu! Bei neuen Einträgen eine E-Mail erhalten.
Von 95 Kunden verfolgt

Kundendiskussionen durchsuchen