Kunden diskutieren > englische bücher Diskussionsforum

Chapert books for 3.5 year old with no real violence

Sortieren: Ältester zuerst | Neuester zuerst
1-6 von 6 Diskussionsbeiträgen
Ersteintrag: 21.04.2013 13:09:37 GMT+02:00
Daisy meint:
Hello everyone! My son is bilingual and currently enjoying German books like: Räuber Hotzenplotz, Die kleine Hexe und Das alte Hause. We are looking now for similar books to read to him in English. They should be well written chapter books that get his imagination going. He is a very sensitive little guy, so please no real violence. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 09:09:00 GMT+02:00
Infodoktor meint:
What about Winnieh Pooh?
My kids loved Roald Dahl, even though some things sounded weird to me, they found it hilarious and not at all frightening, even though they were quite sensitive.
Little House in the Woods is nice, but maybe more for girls.

My boy loves Winnieh :)

Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 19:07:21 GMT+02:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 24.04.2013 19:14:39 GMT+02:00
S. Linder meint:
How about books by Astrid Lindgren? I rather liked them as a kid. (Pippi Longstocking, Children's Day in Büllerbü, Ronia, the Robber's Daughter)

I believe there are also a lot of books from Disney like Disney'S AristoCats or Cinderella, .
Usually I would say anything FairyTale but there is actually a lot of violence in fairy tales. In the Disney version it's normally a little bit nicer and sweeter than the original.

If you try to search in amazon put 'children's books ages 1-4' . There are actually quite a lot books for kids.

One last tip. The Very Hungry Caterpillar! That book is an international classic and absolutely no violence.

Veröffentlicht am 25.04.2013 07:48:46 GMT+02:00
Daisy meint:
Thank you for your suggestions S. Linder and Infodoktor! He actually is reading Winnie the Pooh with my husband right now, and loves it! I'm looking for more ideas that are along the lines of Winnie the Pooh. Fairy Tales are an option, but as you mentioned, there is a lot of violence. I will look into Ronald Dahl. We also discovered Nick Butterworth, and he loves his books. Any other author suggestions? I would prefer someone British or American over a translation from another language. Thank you so much! Keep the suggestions coming :-)

Veröffentlicht am 27.04.2013 00:54:38 GMT+02:00
I would also recommend Roald Dahl's stories. I remember my father reading them to me when I was a kid, they are so funny and imaginative. The most famous one is probably "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", but I also loved "James and the Giant Peach" and "The BFG" (big friendly giant).
If your son likes Winnie the Pooh, you could have a look at the Paddington Bear series (starting with "A bear called Paddington"). The books are written by Michael Bond, who is an English author. This bear is at least as cute as Winnie :-D
Speaking of bears, I remember "Lars the little Polar Bear", although I don't think the author is English.
I also liked "The neverending story" by Michael Ende, but he is a German author. However it is a great book, with a brave little boy as the hero.
If you're thinking about Fairy Tales, "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" might be an option. I haven't read it yet, but it is written by Joanne K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, which I loved. I started reading Harry Potter when I was 8 or 9 (the first few books don't contain nearly as much violence as the last ones), but I heard Beedle the Bard was written for younger children.
By the way, I loved "Die kleine Hexe"... did you read "Das kleine Gespenst" yet?

Veröffentlicht am 11.07.2013 03:23:04 GMT+02:00
I can recommend Chevalier the Queen's Mouseketeer: The Hither and Yon. My 4 1/2 year old niece reads the story online and I'm buying her the newly released book for her upcoming birthday. Give it a try.
‹ Zurück 1 Weiter ›
[Kommentar hinzufügen]
Schreiben Sie einen Beitrag zu dieser Diskussion
Verwenden Sie zum Einfügen eines Produktlinks dieses Format: [[ASIN:ASIN Produkt-Name]] (Was ist das?)
Eingabe des Log-ins

Kürzliche Einträge in englische bücher Diskussionsforum (571 Diskussionen)

Zur Diskussion

Teilnehmer:  5
Beiträge insgesamt:  6
Erster Beitrag:  21.04.2013
Jüngster Beitrag:  11.07.2013

Neu! Bei neuen Einträgen eine E-Mail erhalten.
Von 1 Kunden verfolgt

Kundendiskussionen durchsuchen