Kunden diskutieren > englische bücher Diskussionsforum

American Based Thriller Writers Please Post

Sortieren: Ältester zuerst | Neuester zuerst
1-25 von 134 Diskussionsbeiträgen
Ersteintrag: 22.07.2011 11:25:43 GMT+02:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 25.07.2011 18:49:26 GMT+02:00
Philip Chen meint:
My apologies for writing in English, but if you knew what my 11th grade Latin teacher told me about my language skills, you would understand. ;-)

I am relatively new in this forum and hope that posting information about my book does not violate any rules. Hopefully you will appreciate hearing about my book. I also want to express my appreciation for the many readers in Germany who have already purchased my book.

If you have written a Thriller in America or the UK, please join me in describing your novel.

My science fiction thriller involves the joint operation of the most elite forces of all U.S. military branches. Readers of military-based science fiction will hopefully enjoy the action in this novel. Some recent comments in Amazon US (http://amzn.to/Falling-Star) include:

"If you are into the non-fantasy type scifi and a Tom Clancey like plot, this is the book for you. It is not a cookie cutter style book. It takes the Roswell conspiracy story to a new level."

"This is a great book! I wish the author had more to download for my Kindle."

"...this is one of those stories that are unforgettable."

"A good gem here, another excellent example of the power of alternative publishing tracks."

"Some of the science/naval aspects, combined with the Cold War setting, reminded me of the best of classic Tom Clancy, but it quickly becomes clear that is not simply a Russian submarine lurking under the water."

"The interwoven storyline with scientific and historical facts kept blending perfectly into a thriller that was hard for me to remember wasn't real."

"Chen's incredible knowledge of things military and technical keeps everything in the book credible."

"The story skillfully combines cold-war military espionage, underwater navel research, and UFOs."

"His wealth of knowledge of the military, weaponry, computer systems and ocean submersibles is impressive."

This very realistic science fiction thriller is about the accidental discovery in 1967 of mysterious, but mute, objects buried deep in the ocean. In 1993, they woke up and started sending signals to deep space. Mike, pulled out of his opulent office high above Wall Street to finish a job he started as a young ensign over twenty years ago, is attacked by gangs of what look like ordinary Americans. On top of all this, he learns that a revered friend has died. Will the death of Mike's friend mean that the secret of the objects will remain forever buried on the deep ocean floor?

This novel is so realistic that it often leaves readers wondering, "if this story might not be fiction at all, but something very real and very disturbing." Noted U.S. book critic Alan Caruba says, "If you read just one novel in 2011, make it Falling Star."

Only one man can save the planet, but he just died.

44 Five or Four Star reviews on Amazon US and UK. 98,250+ words. 354 pages. Still only EUR 0,99 for the Kindle edition

Falling Star | Print

BTW, Thank you for making my novel:

Nr. 3 in Kindle-Shop > eBooks > Fremdsprachige eBooks > Englisch > Fantasy & Science Fiction > Science Fiction > High-Tech
Nr. 23 in Englische Bücher > Fantasy & Science Fiction > Science Fiction > High-Tech
Nr. 43 in Kindle-Shop > eBooks > Fremdsprachige eBooks > Englisch > Krimis & Thriller > Thriller

Thank you,

Philip Chen

Veröffentlicht am 23.07.2011 18:28:45 GMT+02:00
Jerry meint:
The Empanada Affair is a new mystery (action adventure) novel set in the Northwest of Argentina and in Los Angeles, CA. Lots of action, lots of scenery, lots of food and wine. EUR 0,99 for the Kindle edition, 5-star review on Amazon US. 50,000+ words, 212 pages. Enjoy, and be the first to write a review on Amazon Deutschland.

Veröffentlicht am 23.07.2011 23:08:23 GMT+02:00
[Von Amazon gelöscht am 08.11.2011 08:30:27 GMT+01:00]

Veröffentlicht am 24.07.2011 01:16:40 GMT+02:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 24.07.2011 01:22:50 GMT+02:00
Declan Conner meint:
Der Feind im Innern (Eine Kurzgeschichte.) (Eine deutsche und zwei englische Versionen in einem E-Buch zusammengefasst.) Thriller

Das Ende, oder ein neuer Anfang (Eine Kurzgeschichte.) (Eine deutsche und zwei englische Versionen in einem E-Buch zusammengefasst.) Thriller

Survival Instinct (The dark side of dating) Full length serial killer thriller.

Declan has 12 English short story thrillers on his author page

Veröffentlicht am 24.07.2011 19:32:37 GMT+02:00
MLeMieux meint:
Hello. Thank you for the opportunity of introducing my first book here. It's an American political thriller, but the politics are not the main focus. It's more about the character and what he goes through because of the political climate. No Good Deed: Book One (The Mark Taylor Series) Mark Taylor discovers first hand that no good deed goes unpunished when he finds an old camera in a Afghanistan bazaar that gives him more than great photos. It triggers dreams of future events. When one shows a devastating terrorist attack, he tries to warn of the danger, but no one listens. Instead, he's arrested as an enemy combatant. And, it means they can do anything they want to him. Anything at all.

Veröffentlicht am 26.07.2011 06:38:01 GMT+02:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 26.07.2011 06:48:11 GMT+02:00
Roger Weston meint:
Hi Everyone,

If you like Action-Adventure/Action-Thrillers you might want to try The Golden Catch.

During a violent storm, a cave filled with ancient artifacts is uncovered on Frank Murdoch's private Alaskan island. Only problem is that the Korean mafia has been looking for this particular treasure cache ever since it was lost during WWII.

"Exotic setting, fast pacing, coherent plot, and a strong protagonist." P. Palmer

#28 in UK Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Men's Adventure

Only 0,99 Euro on Kindle!

Danke!

Veröffentlicht am 27.07.2011 03:40:52 GMT+02:00
NAS meint:
Hi guys! I haven't sold a single book here yet(( but I hope. That's why I decited to promote here. )) Please, check out my psycilogical thriller Quiet River (psychological thriller) (English Edition)

Natasha

Veröffentlicht am 27.07.2011 07:08:03 GMT+02:00
[Von Amazon gelöscht am 08.11.2011 08:30:30 GMT+01:00]

Veröffentlicht am 27.07.2011 23:58:21 GMT+02:00
S.L. Pierce meint:
The Devil's Game
Is a stranger who stalks your stalker a friend or your worst enemy?

Rachel Pendelton is determined to break from her small town past and stake out a new life for herself with a dream job in the big city. But hard work and determination are no match for whoever is working against her. When anonymous gifts show up, she’s flattered. When they appear in her locked apartment, she starts worrying. What can she do when everyone she turns to for help looks suspicious?
What she doesn’t know is that a game has begun. A game with rules as baffling as they are deadly. A game that will pit her against the criminally insane. And only one can finish alive.

Veröffentlicht am 28.07.2011 10:58:13 GMT+02:00
Philip Chen meint:
Swedish explorers may have actually found one of the mysterious objects that are the subjects of my science fiction thriller in the Baltic Sea. http://on.io9.com/BalticSeaObject

My very realistic science fiction thriller becomes more real with each passing day. This novel often leaves its readers wondering, "if this story might not be fiction at all, but something very real and very disturbing." Small wonder that noted US book critic Alan Caruba says,

"Drawing on his own life as an ocean research engineer, attorney and banker, Chen brings an authenticity to the novel that provides a heart-pounding reality that forces you to ask "What if?" What if Earth was under observation by those from another planet that is circling a dying sun? What if they intended to colonize it? What if the year for this was 2013? If you read just one novel in 2011, make it Falling Star."

44 four and five star reviews in Amazon US and UK. 98,250+ words, 354 pages. Still only EUR 0,99 for the Kindle version

Currently in Amazon US:
#31 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Science Fiction > High Tech
#33 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > High Tech

Falling Star | Print

Veröffentlicht am 29.07.2011 06:11:00 GMT+02:00
[Von Amazon gelöscht am 08.11.2011 08:30:34 GMT+01:00]

Veröffentlicht am 29.07.2011 10:45:34 GMT+02:00
[Vom Autor gelöscht am 09.08.2011 10:51:01 GMT+02:00]

Veröffentlicht am 30.07.2011 17:23:55 GMT+02:00
Charles Shea meint:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
If you like good Thrillers
Please try these two

The Shrunken Head Murders - EUR 0,99

Defending Evil - EUR 0,49

Charles Shea - Author of The Shrunken Head Murders and Defending Evil

Veröffentlicht am 30.07.2011 20:49:33 GMT+02:00
S.L. Pierce meint:
First US Review up for The Devil's Game

Warning: Before starting this book...go ahead and sit at the edge of your seat because that's where you'll end up. This is one PSYCHOlogical thriller that will keep you checking your doors and windows to make sure they're locked. All the characters are likable, even though you feel like slapping them a couple of times. The ending is unpredictable, the suspense and the goosebumps are real. Sit back and enjoy the ride, there's nothing you can do, but sit at the edge of your seat and hope it all turns out for the best.

S.L. Pierce is on my highly recommended author list, now I can add yet another one with this dynamic duo. Welcome to the list, Maren Kaye

Antwort auf einen früheren Beitrag vom 31.07.2011 01:26:33 GMT+02:00
Zuletzt vom Autor geändert am 31.07.2011 01:27:51 GMT+02:00
Jerry meint:
Roses are red and other colors
Flowers come in colors galore
If you like good Thrillers
Please try these two, and one more

The Shrunken Head Murders - EUR 0,99

Defending Evil - EUR 0,49

The Empanada Affair - EUR 0,99

Veröffentlicht am 31.07.2011 08:11:21 GMT+02:00
[Von Amazon gelöscht am 08.11.2011 08:30:47 GMT+01:00]

Veröffentlicht am 02.08.2011 03:04:08 GMT+02:00
Philip Chen meint:
This month, you will be hearing a lot of hype about "Shark Week" on American television. Don't believe for a New York minute that sharks are the most dangerous things lurking in the water. They are a necessary and important part of the ocean ecosystem, more like the cleaning crew of deep than the ravagers of shapely young women swimming along the shore. There is something else far more terrifying than sharks in the water. These unseen things are the ones that you should fear, because they will be coming for you.

"This is a great technothriller with a science fiction edge. The oceanic science in this is first rate and even though I felt like I came to the book with a better than average understanding of ocean science, Chen weaved in so much information that I felt like I was learning about the deep ocean environment even as I was swept along in a page-turning plot. Some of the science/naval aspects, combined with the Cold War setting, reminded me of the best of classic Tom Clancy, but it quickly becomes clear that is not simply a Russian submarine lurking under the water."

44 four and five star reviews on Amazon US and UK. 98,250+ words. 354 pages.

Falling Star | Print

Veröffentlicht am 02.08.2011 06:19:50 GMT+02:00
[Von Amazon gelöscht am 08.11.2011 08:30:50 GMT+01:00]

Veröffentlicht am 02.08.2011 21:41:31 GMT+02:00
Hallo Kindle-Leser und -Autoren. Es freut mich, mit dabei im deutschsprachigen Kindle-Laden zu sein. Meine Romane sind ja auf Englisch:

The Losing Role | Thriller, espionage, war, historical
At the end of World War II a failed German actor, Max Kaspar, is forced to join a desperate secret mission in which he must impersonate an enemy American officer. So Max cooks up his own fanatical plan — he'll use his false identity to escape tyranny and war and flee to the America he'd once abandoned.
Kurz gefasst: Gescheiterter deutscher Schauspieler muss sich während der Ardennen-Offensive im 2. Weltkrieg als feindlicher Ami ausgeben.

False Refuge | Crime, adventure, suspense/thriller
US Army reservist Alex Swenson goes AWOL in Hawaii, only to find he must fight and escape from the very same secretive, corrupt organization that had promised to harbor him and give him a new life.
Kurz gefasst: US-Reservist geht AWOL (eigenmächtig abwesend) auf Hawaii, um gegen den Iraq-Krieg zu protestieren, aber er findet keinen Weg aus seiner Hölle.

Die Romane kriegen hohe Bewertungen in den USA und UK, hier zum Beispiel: http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Anderson/e/B003N3JYMQ/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Vielen Dank,
Happy reading,
Steve
http://www.stephenfanderson.com

Veröffentlicht am 03.08.2011 23:05:10 GMT+02:00
Susan Fleet meint:
ABSOLUTION, by Susan Fleet, bargain priced Kindle version: A twisted killer preys on young women in New Orleans, where everyone has something to hide. Some of the darkest secrets reside in a parish church. NOPD Detective Frank Renzi must battle racial tensions and religious controversy to stop the killer before he murders another woman and delivers his twisted version of ABSOLUTION.

Best Mystery-Suspense-Thriller 2009 -- Premier Book Awards
"Relentless tempo ... sharp writing." -- Kirkus Discoveries
"Creole-flavored suspense!" -- The Sun Chronicle

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtfyV2J3mc
Author page Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003MR47T8
http://www.susanfleet.com

Veröffentlicht am 03.08.2011 23:18:12 GMT+02:00
Karin Kaufman meint:
My apologies for posting this in English, but I only know a little German.

If you're looking for a Christmas-in-August read, especially a cozy mystery with an edge, you'd enjoy The Witch Tree (Anna Denning Mystery):

Four days before Christmas in Elk Park, Colorado, genealogist Anna Denning discovers a client's body. When she starts asking questions no one wants answered, she becomes the killer's next target. Still grieving the death of her husband, she must draw on her wounded faith to enter a world of wicca and paganism-and discover the secret of The Witch Tree.

A snippet from a review on Amazon's U.S. site:

"I love mysteries, particularly cozies, and this is the best one I've read in many years. I was hooked from the moment genealogist Anna Denning discovered a dead body and simply couldn't put the story down. Beautiful writing, careful plotting, engaging characters and witty dialogue-this book has it all. I highly recommend The Witch Tree to anyone who enjoys either mysteries or suspense." -Amanda Cabot, author of Paper Roses and Tomorrow's Garden

Veröffentlicht am 04.08.2011 03:22:24 GMT+02:00
IndieAuthors meint:
Birthright

Was ist, wenn die nächste Stufe der Evolution durch die Aufsicht des Menschen und was verursacht wurde, wenn die Aufsicht war eine einfache medizinische Fehler?

Raine Donnelly 3 Monate verfrüht von einer Notoperation geboren, nachdem seine Mutter lebensgefährlich verletzt wird ins Krankenhaus eingeliefert, nachdem er das Opfer eines betrunkenen Autofahrer obwohl ihr schon werdende Staat ist erst nach einer Reihe von Röntgenstrahlen entdeckt werden durchgeführt, um die Beurteilung Art und Umfang ihrer Verletzungen.

Jetzt als Erwachsener, weiß Raine über all dies und lebt ein ruhiges, funktional und streng Routine Leben in Colorado obwohl sein Leben beginnt, Spirale hoffnungslos außer Kontrolle, als er zu Stromausfällen haben beginnt und glaubt, er halluziniert. Er beginnt ebenfalls zu den heimtückischen Effekt auf elektrische Geräte wie haben welchen Gründen auch immer, Maschinen Fehlfunktionen oder kurze vollständig, wenn er überall bekommt der Nähe von ihnen, während er aufgeregt oder verwirrt.

Sein Arzt meint, er kann einem Hirntumor gelitten haben und besteht auf weitere Tests aber, dass könnte sich etwas schwierig, wenn ein namenlos und gesichtslos jemand versucht weiterhin, Einschusslöcher in ihn setzen, und wenn er trifft die Frau und Kinder, über die er hat kein Gedächtnis, seine Leben wird noch komplizierter, teilweise, weil seine Frau ihn wütend, weil sie dachte, die ihn tot für drei Jahre.
Nun, Zeichnung auf all seinen Mut zusammen und was wenig Verständnis kann er zusammen Stück mit der Hilfe seiner Frau, muss Raine enträtseln das Geheimnis seiner Vergangenheit und entdecken und akzeptieren, wer und was er ist, ohne sich er und seine Familie getötet.

Veröffentlicht am 04.08.2011 21:43:00 GMT+02:00
[Von Amazon gelöscht am 08.11.2011 08:30:56 GMT+01:00]

Veröffentlicht am 09.08.2011 10:51:20 GMT+02:00
[Vom Autor gelöscht am 27.08.2011 22:10:51 GMT+02:00]

Veröffentlicht am 10.08.2011 03:31:44 GMT+02:00
Danke!

It's post-9/11 America and Elaina Brady is the piemaker at The Terminal Diner. Abandoned by her mother when she was 16, Elaina must rely on instincts to tell if customers are friends, possible terrorists or putting on a patriot act. All she knows for certain are the words her mother last spoke to her: "men like pie."
‹ Zurück 1 2 3 4 5 6 Weiter ›
[Kommentar hinzufügen]
Schreiben Sie einen Beitrag zu dieser Diskussion
Verwenden Sie zum Einfügen eines Produktlinks dieses Format: [[ASIN:ASIN Produkt-Name]] (Was ist das?)
Eingabe des Log-ins

Kürzliche Einträge in englische bücher Diskussionsforum (573 Diskussionen)

Diskussion Antworten Jüngster Beitrag
Postzustellung in Österreich- 6 Tage im Post-Verteilerzentrum wegen "Überlastung" 12 Gestern
English Language Romance Novels - Enjoy! 7 Vor 8 Tagen
We can get a book for free? Great! Please post here! 619 Vor 8 Tagen
Christmas stories 0 Vor 11 Tagen
Action-Adventure Books in English 200 Vor 18 Tagen
English language books for only EUR 0,99 263 Vor 18 Tagen
Meet Our Authors 511 Vor 20 Tagen
Meet Darryl Hughes, author of the "CHEVALIER: THE QUEEN'S MOUSEKETEER" children's book series and other works. 6 12.11.2014
Books/Authors with unusual plots/characters 82 05.11.2014
Children's Stories 10 31.10.2014
Looking for really good books - very well written or exceptional plot or inspiring or all in one... 382 02.09.2014
Deep Feelings between Men 202 17.08.2014

Zur Diskussion

Teilnehmer:  53
Beiträge insgesamt:  134
Erster Beitrag:  22.07.2011
Jüngster Beitrag:  12.09.2013

Neu! Bei neuen Einträgen eine E-Mail erhalten.
Von 9 Kunden verfolgt

Kundendiskussionen durchsuchen