Expand vocabulary and advance language skills to reach and then exceed grade level!
Yes! This book aligns to the skills of the Common Core State Standards, Texas's TEKS, and Virginia's SOL!
- 101 exercises focused on homophones, homographs, and homonyms
- 10 complete sets of exercises organized into easy, moderate, and advanced
- vocabulary, reading level, and difficulty increase from a Grade 2 level right through to a Grade 5 level and higher
- each set includes a variety of tasks that allow students to develop and then apply new skills
- specifically designed to increase vocabulary and language skills to exceed grade level expectations
- includes a complete answer key
- includes charts listing the Common Core, TEKS, and SOL skills covered
Aligns to the Common Core Standards
The Common Core Standards are a set of standards adopted by most American states. Student learning is based on these standards throughout the year, and students in most states are tested based on these standards at the end of the school year. This workbook develops many skills listed in the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, including skills in the reading, writing, and language strands. A complete list of the specific skills covered is included in the back of the book.
Matches the Texas Standards
The Texas standards, or TEKS, include key skills that are specifically covered by this book. These include understanding words with multiple meanings, identifying and using homographs and homophones, and using context to determine word meaning. In addition, the book will develop a range of reading, writing, and language skills covered by the Texas curriculum. A complete list of the skills covered is included in the back of the book.
Matches the Virginia Standards
The Virginia standards are described in the Standards of Learning (SOL) and the Curriculum Framework. This workbook covers many key skills that Virginia students are expected to learn. These include decoding and spelling words, applying knowledge of homophones and homonyms, using words with multiple meanings, and using context to determine word meaning. A complete list of the skills covered is included in the back of the book.
One Book, Ten Core Benefits
- develops phonics skills by linking written letters to sounds
- provides practice decoding words
- improves spelling
- increases vocabulary and develops knowledge of word meanings
- introduces and creates understanding of words with multiple meanings
- teaches students to use context to determine word meaning
- creates an understanding of the relationship between words
- allows students to understand literal and nonliteral meanings of words
- enhances reading comprehension skills
- helps develop writing skills and revising skills