Hilfreichste kritische Rezenzion
2 von 2 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
Pretty Typical Self-Imp Concoction
am 28. September 1999
Just a few words:
- a hefty feel-good factor is present as appropriate
- some of it is useful, although not particularly original
- a times gets carried away into new-ageish drivel
- a lot of logical omissions (basically there's a big skip in the description and you find yourself asking, well, how did you get here?
- mediocre writing, frequently unclear and wordy
- some postulates are plainly ridiculous (due to the author's desire to steer clear from any controversy.) Example: people overwork because of work ethic, faulty upbringing, whatever, but it's always the people's fault, you see. Not that they can't afford med insurance or the kid's college w/o working extra, no that would be too damn politically controversial for this kind of wishy-washy book.
Overall, eh... I don't know. I guess it's no harm to read it, but I'm not particularly enthousiastic though. One has to admit that there is indeed a self-help book writing cabal, that people, no matter how rational, still keep on buying these books because, I guess, such is human nature that they endlessly look for help in that area. Thinking of it again, well, as a spiritual boost of temporary nature--this book may be worth its price. In terms of unversal socially redeemable value--it's not. I'd recommend getting it via your library first, or at least, peruse in a store. On the other hand, amazon has a great return policy <g>...