A step-by-step introductory tutorial and intelligible practical guide to successfully applying Continuous Integration via TeamCity
- Put Continuous Integration into operation with TeamCity, quickly and easily with this practical tutorial.
- Set automatic build checks and notifications according to your needs and configure multi-step builds with dependent and interrelated projects easily.
- Plug TeamCity either to existing on-going development or at the project's very beginning.
- Perform fine-tuning adjustments of the TeamCity Server
Nowadays, Agile application development is usually done at a fast pace when many developers are working on the same piece of code. Every so often, this becomes a real challenge if there's no permanent control over consistency of the project source. It is often impossible to force lazy and/or busy programmers to execute tests before and after each of their commits. Continuous Integration is a well-known life saver for distributed development environments with TeamCity being one of the best and easy-to-use instruments utilizing it.
"TeamCity 7 Continous Integration" is the first book of its kind showing in a sequential approach how to start implementing Continuous Integration over generic projects and enclosing rich features of the TeamCity as a project gradually evolves.
Learn how to do a quick-start with TeamCity and suite most of the common needs right out of the box. As the project grows and more sophisticated requirements to the build process arise, the examples from this guide will assist you showing how to unleash TeamCity hidden powers and adjust advanced features to bring stability into the distributed development process.
You will learn how to start a new Java project from scratch generating a working "skeleton" of web application using Apache Maven and later adding some business logic and writing certain tests. After that, you will know how to perform a swift attach of TeamCity facilities to your project and eventually change it into rich featured information source describing the current state of your venture. If you want to benefit from Continuous Integration and are considering using TeamCity then this book is for you.
You will be acquainted with everything you need to know in order to apply Continuous Integration with TeamCity by installing it first, then turning on automatic supervision over project's reliability, and finally tuning up advanced settings in order to match your needs.
What you will learn from this book
- Create basic Java web application from scratch.
- Write simple Unit tests with JUnit.
- Install TeamCity and perform its initial setup.
- Attach TeamCity to existing application source base.
- Set up automatic build triggering and notifications.
- Create multi-step inter-dependent build configurations.
- Add and configure Users and Groups settings.
- Install and authorize additional BuildAgents.
- Keep rock-solid confidence in project stability.
A step-by-step practical tutorial towards succesfully applying Continous Integration with TeamCity.