Learn the how's and why's behind basic electricity, electronics, and communications without formal training. The best combination self-teaching guide, home reference, and classroom text on electricity and electronics has been updated to deliver the latest advances. Great for preparing for amateur and commercial licensing exams, this guide has been prized by thousands of students and professionals for its uniquely thorough coverage ranging from DC and AC concepts to semiconductors and integrated circuits. Written by Stan Gibilisco, an electronics legend and McGraw-Hill's most popular TAB author.It is perfect for hobbyists, students, and those of you who want to get ahead in tech-related careers. It is packed with everything needed to enhance learning, including 600+ illustrations, practical examples, and hundreds of test questions. It is updated to reflect the latest technological advances in: computers; robotics; artificial intelligence; amplifiers; transmitters; the internet; and, high-fidelity.
It provides expert how-to guidance on solving problems such as: simple current-voltage-resistance determinators; power calculations; designing acoustical and audio systems; and, designing circuits and systems.
Quickly and easily learn the hows and whys behind basic electricity, electronics, and communications –- at your own pace, in your own home
Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics offers easy-to-follow lessons in electricity and electronics fundamentals and applications from a master teacher, with minimal math, plenty of illustrations and practical examples, and test-yourself questions that make learning go more quickly. Great for preparing for amateur and commercial licensing exams, this trusted guide offers uniquely thorough coverage, ranging from dc and ac concepts and circuits to semiconductors and integrated circuits.
The best course –- and source –- in basic electronics
- Starts with the basics and takes you through advanced applications such as radiolocation and robotics
- Packed with learning-enhancing features: clear illustrations, practical examples, and hundreds of test questions
- Helps you solve current-voltage-resistance-impedance problems and make power calculations
- Teaches simple circuit concepts and techniques for optimizing system efficiency
- Explains the theory behind advanced audio systems and amplifiers for live music
- Referenced by thousands of students and professionals
- Written by an author whose name is synonymous with clarity and practical sense
Updated to reflect the latest technological trends! The Fourth Edition features new information on:
- Wireless technology
- Computers and the Internet
- Audio systems
- Integrated circuits