Getting familiar with Talend Open Studio will greatly enhance your data handling and integration capabilities. This is the perfect reference book for beginners and intermediates with a host of practical recipes that clarify even complex features.
- A collection of exercises covering all development aspects including schemas, mapping using tMap, database and working with files
- Get your code ready for the production environment by including the use of contexts and scheduling of jobs in Talend
- Includes exercises for debugging and testing of code
- Many additional hints and tips regarding the exercises and their real-life applications
Data integration is a key component of an organization's technical strategy, yet historically the tools have been very expensive. Talend Open Studio is the world's leading open source data integration product and has played a huge part in making open source data integration a popular choice for businesses worldwide.
This book is a welcome addition to the small but growing library of Talend Open Studio resources. From working with schemas to creating and validating test data, to scheduling your Talend code, you will get acquainted with the various Talend database handling techniques. Each recipe is designed to provide the key learning point in a short, simple and effective manner.
This comprehensive guide provides practical exercises that cover all areas of the Talend development lifecycle including development, testing, debugging and deployment. The book delivers design patterns, hints, tips, and advice in a series of short and focused exercises that can be approached as a reference for more seasoned developers or as a series of useful learning tutorials for the beginner.
The book covers the basics in terms of schema usage and mappings, along with dedicated sections that will allow you to get more from tMap, files, databases and XML.
Geared towards the whole lifecycle, the Talend Open Studio Cookbook shows readers great ways to handle everyday tasks, and provides an insight into all areas of a development cycle including coding, testing, and debugging of code to provide start-to-finish coverage of the product.
What you will learn from this book
- Manipulate schemas quickly and easily
- Validate your data and create test data
- Use Java code within Talend
- Debug your Talend code
- Use tMap effectively
- Create and manage files including complex file formats
- Access queues, web services, and XML within Talend
- Deploy, as well as schedule your Talend code
Primarily designed as a reference book, simple and effective exercises based upon genuine real-world tasks enable the developer to reduce the time to deliver the results. Presentation of the activities in a recipe format will enable the readers to grasp even the complex concepts with consummate ease.
Who this book is written for
Talend Open Studio Cookbook is principally aimed at relative beginners and intermediate Talend Developers who have used the product to perform some simple integration tasks, possibly via a training course or beginner's tutorials.