In a practical approach to strategic planning for information systems, this study describes the evolution of information technology in business, in terms of its impact on business performance and contribution to the strategic development of business organizations. It explores how information technology can be related to the strategic planning of a business in order not only to support the strategy but also to enable an organization to change its conduct of business to achieve advantages. It provides tools, techniques and a management framework for identifying the opportunities information technology offer a business. The second part of the text addresses the supply of information technology, and how it can be effectively managed to satisfy business demands for information and systems.
-- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine vergriffene oder nicht verfügbare Ausgabe dieses Titels.
Building on the success of past editions, Strategic Planning for Information Systems considers both the implications of the developments in IS/IT and the most useful aspects of recent thinking and experiences concerning IS/IT strategic management. Topics covered now include:
* New developments in strategic management
* The Internet, e-commerce and e-business
* Outsourcing, including web services and Application Service Providers
* Knowledge management
* Enterprise systems
* Investment appraisal and business benefits delivery
* Managing the IT infrastructure and the supply of IS services
* Organising and resourcing the IS function
* Building relationships between business and IT management
* Developing an IS capability
-- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: