For a one/two-term business statistics course. Designed for students with a background in basic algebra, this best- selling introduction to statistics for business and economics emphasizes inference, with extensive coverage of data collection and analysis as needed to evaluate the reported results of statistical studies and make good business decisions. It stresses the development of statistical thinking, the assessment of credibility and value of the inferences made from data-both by those who consume and those who produce them-and features numerous case studies, examples, and exercises, all drawing on real business situations and recent economic events.
Statistics for Business and Economics, Eighth Edition, introduces the world of data collection and analysis in Real-World business settings using an applied, hands-on approach that engages and stimulates students. This revision stresses the development of analytical skills and manipulation of technological tools to reach informed decisions and become conscientious producers and consumers of data.
Pedagogical tools include:
- Statistics in Action sections examine real-life, high-profile issues
- Real-World Business Case Studies include real data and exercises and give students practice analyzing real-life business and economic situations
- Computer Software and Graphing Calculator Explorations provide screen printouts from SAS, SPSS, MINITAB, STATISTIX, and the TI-83 that show students how data is processed and that prompt them to make inferences about the data
Student supplements include:
- Student Solutions Manual contains carefully worked-out solutions to all of the odd-numbered exercises in the text
- Microsoft Excel Companion Manual is specifically correlated to the text. Step-by-step keystroke level instructions, with screen captures, provide detailed help for using the technology to work problems in the text. Includes PHstat, a statistics add-in for Microsoft Excel (CD-ROM).
- Student versions of SPSS, SYSTAT, and MINITAB
- ConStats, a Microsoft Windows based program that stimulates students' conceptual understanding of statistics.
- Companion Website located at http://www.prenhall.com/mcclave supports the text as a powerful teaching and learning tool.