For the South West Coast Path mini-series: 'three excellent guides to the trail' - The Independent. 'Packed with information and excellent hand-drawn maps, these are essential companions.' - Wanderlust. 'Editor's choice' - Cornwall Today. 'Trailblazer has a strong reputation for the idiosyncratic but very useful maps that illustrate these handy guides, which are small and light enough to slip into a backpack or coat pocket.'- The Telegraph. 'To read it makes you wish to be there walking the route. Recommended.'- Backpack, Journal of the Backpackers Club
This fully revised new edition has now been considerably expanded to cover the full length of the Cornwall coast, 280 miles. This second part of the South West Coast Path around the south-western tip of Britain, includes some of the best coastal walking in Europe. With constantly changing scenery, the footpath takes in secluded coves, tiny fishing villages, rocky headlands, bustling resorts, wooded estuaries and golden surf-washed beaches. It is an area rich in wildlife with seabirds, wild flowers, dolphins and seals.
‘...the Trailblazer series stands head, shoulders, waist and ankles above the rest.
They are particularly strong on mapping...’ The Sunday Times
- Includes 130 walking maps – the largest-scale maps available At a scale of just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3-1/8 inches to one mile) these are bigger than the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops.
- Unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the 280-mile route in its entirety or sampling the highlights on day walks or short breaks. Includes detailed public transport information for all access points.
- Practical information for all budgets – what to see, where to stay, where to eat: pubs, hotels, B&B, camping, bunkhouses, hostels.
- Downloadable gps waypoints