- Learn every aspect of creating, building, packaging, and running a Sencha Touch application
- Integrate your applications with different data sources and present them differently using list, data view, charts, and so on
- Package your application with or without Cordova/PhoneGap and run them on a desktop, emulator, and a real mobile device
Sencha Touch Cookbook, Second Edition is a practical, hands-on guide with easy to follow recipes that provide you with clear, step-by-step instructions, which will help you take complete advantage of the power of Sencha Touch 2 and will help you to build amazing applications for the mobile world.
Sencha Touch Cookbook, Second Edition starts by showing you how to set up your project for development, then walks through building, packaging, and running it in a browser, emulator, or a real device. With the groundwork set, the subsequent recipes of the book take you through the different UI components offered by the framework and explains how to use them, when to use them, and, if needed, how to extend them for your own application need.
You will also learn how to model your client side data, load data from different data sources, and use them on the data-centric UI components. The later parts of the book cover the practical day-to-day problems like how to create a custom view, how to take your application offline and support automatic sync, how to utilize the Geolocation to learn more about the user, how to utilize device features such as camera, contact, orientation, and how to link your application behaviour with the device buttons such as Back, Search, and so on. At the end, the book shows you how to create native packages without using PhoneGap/Cordova using Sencha Cmd.
Using this book, you will learn everything about using Sencha Touch classes and components to build mobile applications that can run across multiple platforms.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up your project for development, then build, package, and run it in a desktop browser, emulator, or a mobile device
- Understand form panels and various form fields and their behaviour
- Learn about different layouts to create well structured UI
- Create complete custom views with user interaction
- Work with different types of data and data sources, model them, and use them on components
- Define new components and extend the framework components to suite your need
- Get your application work in offline mode with automatic sync
The book is written in a Cookbook style, presenting examples in the style of recipes, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge.