'succeeds in providing comprehensive information that will assist visitors to Scotland and novice hillwalkers'- Scottish Mountaineer Recommended in feature on Wild Scotland - Wanderlust '...the book to inspire you to put on your boots and head for the hills straightaway.'- The Hosteller, Scottish Youth Hostel Association 'Don't leave home without it!'- Scottish Mountaineer
Scotland’s Highlands and Islands contain some of the finest mountain scenery in Europe and by far the best way to experience it is on foot.
- 60 day-walks – for all abilities. Graded for difficulty, terrain and strenuousness. Selected from every corner of the region and ranging from well-known peaks such as Ben Nevis and Cairn Gorm to lesser-known hills such as Suilven and Clisham.
- 2-day and 3-day treks – some of the walks have been linked to form multi-day treks such as the Great Traverse.
- 86 walking maps with unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest.
- Public transport information for all access points.
- 62 gateway towns and villages – Much more than just a walking guide this book includes guides to 62 gateway towns and villages: what to see on rainy days, where to stay, where to eat; pubs, hotels, B&Bs, campsites, bunkhouses, hostels.