This text presents paragraph development and essay skills in clear, teachable steps and develops the writing skills needed for successful academic work. The book provides extensive practice in all steps of the writing process, including pre-writing, drafting, revision and editing.
Good writing is a network of skills that can be taught, practiced, and mastered. These books present paragraph development and composition skills in clear, teachable steps. Each book offers students dependable strategies as well as opportunities to bring their own ideas and talent to the writing process.
Important features of the series:
Ready to Write More:
- Presents important organizational principles of good academic writing, including topic sentences, maintaining unity and coherence, making and supporting a point, providing clear transitions, and writing clear introductory and concluding paragraphs.
- Shows students how to apply these organizational principles to major rhetorical forms: classification, cause and effect, comparison and contrast, problem and solution, writing a summary, personal expression, and essays for college applications.
- Offers extensive practice in every step of the writing process, including prewriting, drafting, revision, and editing.
- Provides individual practice on additional topics in "On Your Own" sections.
- Offers effective error correction and editing practice in "You Be the Editor" sections.
Are your students ready to move beyond single-paragraph assignments? From the building blocks of good prose to writing for specific purposes, Ready to Write More
gives readers the confidence and skills needed for longer and more complex assignments.
- New to this edition is an updated presentation of the writing process, new peer-editing worksheets, web-based exercises, and expanded guided practice.
-- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine vergriffene oder nicht verfügbare Ausgabe dieses Titels.