Throughout both IT and business, project management is undergoing a profound paradigm shift -- from rigid and mechanistic approaches derived from the engineering and construction industries, to dynamic and flexible approaches that anticipate rapid change in technology, organizations and development approaches. In eXtreme Project Management, world-renowned project management expert Rob Thomsett presents the first one-stop guide to these powerful, radical new project management techniques. Thomsett's innovative Extreme Project Management techniques look outward to stakeholders, management and clients, and involve them heavily in the project management process. Thomsett introduces creative new processes such as RAP (RApid Planning) sessions; shows how to facilitate "open" rather than "closed" planning; and demonstrates how to integrate risk management and quality without diminishing the flexibility today's projects demand. Above all, eXtreme Project Management teaches you how to align trust, creativity, openness, and fun with a relentless focus on realizing project benefits and maximizing business value.
Project management for today's complex, chaotic business environments.
- XPM: the first radically new approach to project management in decades!
- Designed from the ground up for today's high-speed, fast-changing projects
- Refocusing project management focused on people, relationships, and adding value!
- Innovative new XPM tools: how to make them work in your organization
Traditional project management doesn't work any more: it's inward-looking, static, and just can't respond to rapid, constant change. Radical Project Management looks outward to stakeholders, management, and clientsand thoroughly involves them from start to finish. Moreover, it assumes that everything will changeand defines a flexible, ongoing project management process that encompasses both project development and support. In this book, Rob Thomsett, one of the world's leading project management consultants, presents XPM from start to finishand introduces every tool and technique you need to make it work in your organization.
- Refocusing project management on what matters most: people, relationships, and adding value
- 11 radically new rules for project managers to live by
- Innovative new XPM tools, and how to use them
- "Open Planning" and stakeholder ownership: the heart of successful project management
- New XPM metrics and project-tracking techniques
- Why project managers don't need to know the gory technical details
- Detailed case studies: how XPM is enabling creative people to do truly great work
If you've always suspected there's a more agile, flexible, intelligent way to manage projects, you're rightand XPM is it. Discover for yourself, with the most authoritative, complete, useful XPM guide ever written: Radical Project Management by Rob Thomsett.