More and more of our life is becoming digital. Are you prepared to deal with the privacy and security implications of that fact? As a permanent digital nomad, my life is lived online more than most others and I have had to learn about the issues involved the hard way. So, I decided to take a comprehensive look at what I have learned along the journey and share that knowledge with you. This book is one of a three-part series of computer and online guides covering basic and advanced computer setup, local and online backup and syncing, and online privacy and security.
The following topics are covered:
- Passwords: Everything You Need to Know
- Protecting Your Computer
- Protecting Your Files with Encryption
- Safely Using Public Computers and Networks
- Wi-Fi and Networking
- Keeping Your Browsing Activity Private
- Securing Your Network Connection
- VPNs and Proxy Servers
- Chatting Securely
- Testing Your Security and Privacy
- Identity Theft
Scattered throughout the book you will find hundreds (370+) of links to useful resources.