- Taschenbuch: 304 Seiten
- Verlag: HarperTeen; Auflage: New title (10. April 2007)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 006125309X
- ISBN-13: 978-0061253096
- Vom Hersteller empfohlenes Alter: 14 - 17 Jahre
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 20,6 x 13,7 x 1,8 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 5 Kundenrezensionen
Nr. 425.660 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
- Nr. 616 in Fremdsprachige Bücher > Kinderbücher > Romane & Erzählungen > Kurzgeschichten-Sammlungen
- Nr. 1558 in Fremdsprachige Bücher > Kinderbücher > Romane & Erzählungen > Science Fiction, Fantasy, Krimis & Horror > Horror
- Nr. 8710 in Fremdsprachige Bücher > Belletristik > Populäre Belletristik > Horror
Prom Nights from Hell (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 10. April 2007
|Neu ab||Gebraucht ab|
Kunden, die diesen Artikel angesehen haben, haben auch angesehen
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre E-Mail-Adresse oder Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Mehr über die AutorenEntdecken Sie Bücher, lesen Sie über Autoren und mehr
* With edgy writing designed to hook and captivate even the most reluctant of readers, each story is filled with strong, appealing characters who work their magic on the senses by appearing to be strong, daring, and passionate. Readers are taken on an exhilarating ride through the terrifying side of an otherwise common event, and the mood is cleverly sustained with an aura of fast-paced writing. One distinct highlight of the collection is the well-orchestrated balance between the different aspects of horror that each writer addresses. Sure to have appeal for older teens, this book will undoubtedly make the circuit of fans of demons, ghosts, vampires, and gothic love stories. Caryl Soriano, New York Public Library -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Taschenbuch.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Stephenie Meyer, author of the bestselling Twilight and New Moon, graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in English Literature. She lives with her husband and three young sons in Arizona.
New York Times bestselling author Kim Harrison was born and raised in the upper Midwest. Her bestselling Hollows novels include Dead Witch Walking; The Good, the Bad, and the Undead; Every Which Way But Dead; A Fistful of Charms; For a Few Demons More; The Outlaw Demon Wails; White Witch, Black Curse; Black Magic Sanction; Pale Demon, A Perfect Blood, Ever After, and The Undead Pool, plus the short story collection Into the Woods, The Hollows Insider and graphic novels Blood Work and Blood Crime. She also writes the Madison Avery series for young adults.
Meg Cabot was born in Bloomington, Indiana. In addition to her adult contemporary fiction, she is the author of the bestselling young adult fiction series, The Princess Diaries. More than 25 million copies of her novels for children and adults have sold worldwide. Meg lives in Key West, Florida, with her husband.
Lauren Myracle is the author of many books for teens and tweens, including the New York Times bestsellers ttyl, ttfn, and l8r, g8r. Unlike her darling co-authors, Lauren is an excellent driver and has never gotten lost in her life.
Michele Jaffe is the author of Bad Kitty, Kitty Kitty, and the mangas Bad Kitty: Catnipped and Bad Kitty: Catnapped as well as several adult novels, including the thrillers Bad Girl and Loverboy. After getting her Ph.D. in Comparative Literature from Harvard, she retired from academia and decided to become an FBI special agent or glamorous showgirl but somehow ended up writing. A native of Los Angeles, CA, Michele and her sparkly shoes reside in New York City.
In diesem Buch(Mehr dazu)
The Exterminator's Daughter by Meg Cabot
This wasn't too bad. I haven't read much by this author but this story wouldn't make me want to rush out and read anything else by her. A nice concept but a really quick ending.
The Corsage by Lauren Myracle
Same old story...girl goes to fortune teller....fortune teller gives her something to make 3 wishes on...girl messes up her 3 wishes!
Madison Avery and the Dim Reaper by Kim Harrison
This short story by one of my favourite authors was by far the best story in the book. I liked the concept and wonder if there will be more stories about Madison Avery...the story was left wide open for more!
Kiss and Tell by Michele Jaffe
This story looked really promising! After reading the first chapter I was really excited but then as the story went along I lost all interest and was left disappointed.
Hell on Earth by Stephenie Meyer
I was looking forward to this story and finally trying this much talked about author. However the story wasn't that great and even though it wasn't that bad either I am not sure if I will like reading her books after all. However I will give her first bok 'Twilight' a try seeing as it is already on my tbr list.
In conclusion - Not really worth it unless you really feel the need to read it like I did.
Meg Cabot starts off the collection with THE EXTERMINATOR'S DAUGHTER. When Mary shows up at Swig, an exclusive VIP club in Manhattan, it's not to socialize. No, she's on a mission to take out Sebastian Drake -- and by take out, I mean kill him with a crossbow. But when Adam, a fellow student at Saint Eligius, takes his own potshots at the dreaded Sebastian, things get a lot more interesting.
Lauren Myracle, the author of THE CORSAGE, has written what is probably the saddest, and creepiest, story of the bunch. All Frankie wants is for her best guy friend, Will, to realize that it's his destiny to ask her to the prom. To accomplish that goal, she drags Will and her other best friend, Yun Sun, to visit Madame Zanzibar, a fortune-teller. She's sure that Madame Z will proclaim that Will is her one true love, and that will be that. But the psychic is short on information, but does end up grudgingly handing over to Frankie a dried up old corsage, which she says will grant her three wishes. Over the next couple of days, however, Frankie will come to realize that she'll have to make some requests that she never in her wildest dreams would have thought of making.
MADISON AVERY AND THE DIM REAPER by Kim Harrison is the longest story in the group, and the most involved. When Madison ends up at the costume prom with a dud date, she's surprised to find one guy who can pick up the slack. Seth isn't like anyone she's ever met before. Unfortunately, before too long she'll find out why that is, and the picture it paints isn't pretty. There are deaths, white reapers, black reapers, grim reapers, and odd amulets.Lesen Sie weiter... ›
I didn't read all stories yet. But the one of Meg Carbot was my favourite. Was a very nice story. I hadn't red anything from thsi author before.
I'd love to know how this short story goes on. Maybe Meg Carbot'll write a complete book with this characters.
Hell on Earth from Stepheie Meyer was okay. If you read twilight you might be dissapointed, because Twilight is such a great but and this story was only average.
I begun reading 'Kiss and Tell' i didn't like it so much.
Ähnliche Artikel finden
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Belletristik > Populäre Belletristik > Horror
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Jugendbücher
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Kinderbücher > Romane & Erzählungen > Kurzgeschichten-Sammlungen
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Kinderbücher > Romane & Erzählungen > Science Fiction, Fantasy, Krimis & Horror > Horror
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Kinderbücher > Romane & Erzählungen > Science Fiction, Fantasy, Krimis & Horror > Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Magie