In charge of a project? Manage it better with Project 2010 and this book!
If you've never used project management software before -- or you've used previous versions of Project and want to master the all-new Project 2010 interface and features -- this is the book for you! You'll find the project management concepts you need to know, how Project 2010 works and how to get up to speed, what's new, and most importantly, how to apply it to a real project.
* What do I do with this thing? -- set up Project, learn what types of input you need to provide, and begin building project plans
* Be resourceful -- create and assign work resources, material resources, and fixed costs, and manage resources effectively
* A perfect fit -- ensure your project has a high chance of success by fine-tuning your plan
* Running on rails -- learn to use baselines, track progress and materials, and create reports that help keep projects on track
* Enterprise options -- get an overview of online collaborative features using Project Server, Web Application, and SharePoint
Open the book and find:
* How to maximize control with the new manual scheduling feature
* Your way around the Project interface
* The new Timeline and Team Planner views
* Tips on assigning resources
* Advice on communicating with your team
* All about reports and how to use them
* Scheduling help from the new Task Inspector
* Manage project schedules with Project 2010
* Work with new scheduling tools and the Ribbon interface
* Assign and share resources and understand calendars
* Create impressive reports
Nancy C. Muir has written more than 50 books on technology and business topics including Windows, Office applications, PCs, laptops, and Internet safety. She has presented workshops to Fortune 500 companies on project management and related software. Her credits include more than a dozen For Dummies books.