Providing an overview of developing games for Windows Phone 7 while working within XNA Game Studio 4, this comprehensive resource covers such essential topics as device/emulator, development tools, device orientation, tilt and accelerometer sensors, multi-touch, working with Cloud and Web services, and more. Three complete games are included within the book plus hands-on explanations and clear example codes help you gain a deeper understanding of the Windows Phone 7 features so that you can start building a game right away.
- Serves as a comprehensive reference on Windows Phone 7 game development with XNA Game Studio 4
- Includes real-world examples and anecdotes, making this book a popular choice for those taking their first steps into the game development industry
- Demonstrates how to program for device orientation, incorporate Touch Input, add music to a game, work with 3D, and take your game to the marketplace
Put your game face on and start designing games for Windows Phone 7 with Professional Windows Phone 7 Game Development!
If you're eager to make your entrance into the gaming world of Windows Phone 7, then look no further than this comprehensive book. Packed with real-world examples and anecdotes, this must-have resource dives into developing games for Windows Phone 7. After an introduction to the features of Windows Phone 7, you'll discover the tools you need to start developing games. Clear explanations and examples with code help you gain a deeper understanding of the Windows Phone 7 device so that you can put your game face on and start building games right away.
Professional Windows Phone 7 Game Development:
* Includes three complete games and helpful guidance on how to get your game published to the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace
* Shares invaluable advice for working within XNA Game Studio 4.0
* Walks you through detecting touch input and gestures, and takes you to the next level by teaching you how to build and use a complete input management system
* Explains how to use the Microsoft Push Notifications Service
* Teaches you how to manage game and screen state with a full state management system that you can use in your own game
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.