A hands-on guide to leveraging NoSQL databases
NoSQL databases are efficient, powerful tools for storing and manipulatingvast quantities of data. Most NoSQL databases scale well as data grows and often are flexible enough to accommodate semi-structured and sparse data sets. This comprehensive hands-on guide presents fundamental concepts and practical solutions for using NoSQL databases. Expert author Shashank Tiwari begins with a helpful introduction to NoSQL, explaining its characteristics and typical uses. He then looks at where it fits in the application stack. His unique insights help you choose which NoSQL solutions are best for solving your specific data storage needs.
* Demystifies key concepts that relate to NoSQL databases, including column-family oriented stores, key/value databases, and document databases
* Delves into installing and configuring a number of NoSQL products and the Hadoop family of products
* Explains ways of storing, accessing, and querying data in NoSQL databases through examples that use MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Redis, CouchDB, Google App Engine Datastore, and more
* Examines architecture and internals
* Provides guidelines for optimal usage, performance tuning, and scalable configurations
* Presents a number of tools and utilities relating to NoSQL, distributed platforms, and scalable processing, including Hive, Pig, RRDtool, Nagios, and more
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.