If you want a good, wide ranging, general SQL Server 2014 administration book, I can certainly recommend this book (I Programmer, October 2014)
Best practices for administering SQL Server 2014, from Microsoft MVPs
This comprehensive guide teaches the skills needed to successfully administer SQL Server, including change management, security, performance tuning, monitoring, and backups. Written by the leading authorities on Microsoft SQL Server, this book will help you master the latest features of the 2014 release, including greater integration of cloud and on-premises management using SQL Server Management Studio, enhanced performance optimization, new cardinality estimator, and new features for AlwaysOn availability groups. This comprehensive guide will help you improve the efficiency, scalability, and performance of the SQL Server environment so more can be done in less time.
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Administration:
* Provides an overview of SQL Azure and new features for AlwaysOn availability groups
* Explains In-Memory OLTP and buffer pool extensions for SSDs and performance optimizations for 2014
* Details the new cardinality estimator (Query Optimizer) in SQL 2014
* Discusses the separation of duties and important regulatory requirements for security roles
* Provides real-world case examples and solutions
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.