Build unique smartphone and tablet applications with Android 4
Written by an Android authority, this up-to-date resource is an ideal guide to building mobile apps using the Android 4 SDK. It provides in-depth coverage, showing experienced Android developers how to take full advantage of new features, while covering the fundamentals that novice developers need to get started. Serving as a hands-on guide to building mobile apps using Android, the book walks you through a series of increasingly sophisticated projects, each introducing a new Android platform feature and highlighting the techniques and best practices that will help you write compelling Android apps.
Professional Android 4 Application Development:
* Provides an in-depth look at the Android application components and their lifecycles
* Explores Android UI metaphors, design philosophies, and UI APIs to create compelling user interfaces for phones, tablets, and TVs
* Introduces techniques for creating map-based applications and using location-based services
* Looks at how to create background services, Notifications, and Cloud To Device Messaging
* Demonstrates how to create dynamic and interactive home screen Widgets and Live Wallpaper
* Explores hardware and communication APIs, including Bluetooth, telephony, WiFi Direct, and NFC Beam
* Examines the use of the camera and hardware sensors
* Details the new animation framework and other user experience enhancements, including drag and drop, the Action Bar, and Fragments
* Includes a new chapter on publishing your apps
* Introduces the License Verification and In App Billing Services
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.