Discover what makes Alfresco a unique solution for your business needs
Alfresco is a fast, cost-effective enterprise content management system for Web sites and content applications provided under an open source license. This book will help developers, architects, Web site architects, project managers, and content management professionals understand what Alfresco provides, how it can be implemented, and how Alfresco can integrate into existing applications or Web sites. This is the definitive resource written by the people who built Alfresco.
* Discusses the fundamental Alfresco architecture, components, and services
* Shares detailed guidance on building content applications with the Alfresco platform
* Explores Alfresco's use of new content management standards like Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS)
* Explains how to extend Alfresco for custom functionality through easy Web scripting
* Offers an overview of the Spring Surf Framework, its features, and how it can be used
* Addresses integration with other applications, Web sites, and portals including Lotus(r), Drupal(r), SAP(r), and Liferay(r)
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
David Caruana is the Chief Architect for Alfresco Software.
John Newton is the CTO and Chairman for Alfresco Software.
Michael Farman is the Director of Product Management for Alfresco Software.
Michael G. Uzquiano is the Director of Web Platform Tools for Alfresco Software.
Kevin Roast is the User Interface Technical Lead for Alfresco Software.