The stress-free way to cook under pressure
Great food in no time? Yes, with a pressure cooker! Pressure Cookers For Dummies gives you tips for using today's safe, versatile models and recipes for otherwise long-cooking classics such as Sunday Pot Roast, Pulled Pork, Jambalaya, and Chicken Chili; as well as delicious dishes for those on vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets. Plus, all recipes include preparation times, cooking times, and nutritional information.
* The wonderful world of pressure cooking - get insight into the different types of pressure cookers available (stovetop and electric) so you can pick the right one for you
* The pressure's rising - discover tricks for getting the best results with the least amount of effort, as well as how to adapt your favorite conventional recipes for the pressure cooker
* Now you're cooking - make quick, homemade food that's healthy and delicious, from soups and grain dishes, to stews and roasts, to yummy sides and delectable desserts
* Make special note - explore a wide range of vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free pressure-cooker recipes because, hey, who isn't following a special diet these days (or at least trying to eat less meat)?
Open the book and find:
* Pressure-cooker myth busters
* The benefits of using a pressure cooker
* How to open a pressure cooker safely
* Ways to keep your pressure cooker squeaky clean
* How to prep food, adjust liquids, fill the pressure cooker, and determine cooking times
* The skinny on pressure cookers with rice cooker and slow cooker programs
* Choose the right pressure cooker for you
* Make a variety of tasty pressure-cooker meals
* Save time and money while eating healthy at home
* Create delicious vegetarian, vegan, and special-diet dishes
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Nominated for a James Beard cookbook award, Tom Lacalamita is a national authority on housewares and has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows across the country, including Good Morning America, CNBC, and NPR. Tom is also a spokesperson for various food and housewares manufacturers.