"Such a good book! I really like how the book gives you a rationale for why practices are undertaken. It is ideal for a student as it answers all the 'why' questions that they may have about any procedure you can think of...Informative, easy to read, engaging and interesting."(Emma Louise Scragg, 3rd year child nursing student, Salford University)
"A very useful and practical manual on the nursing practices for children...A great manual, thank you!" (Amy Griffin, 3rd year child nursing student, Keele University)
"A very interesting and well written book, full of all the right information and more for students and qualified paediatric nurses to read upon to expand their knowledge." (Amy Warburton, 2nd year child nursing student, University of Nottingham)
Children's and young people's nursing presents unique challenges. The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual utilises the latest clinical research and expert clinical knowledge to address these challenges, and provides the underlying theory and evidence for nursing care of children. It provides a definitive guide to clinical skills procedures in children's and young people's nursing which enables nurses working with children and young people to practice confidently and deliver clinically effective family-centred care.
- Offers access to clinical procedures developed through the extensive expertise from Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Contains evidence-based recommendations for expert care
- Encompasses all aspects of children's care
- Contains procedures guidelines students can rely on and effectively use in practice following qualfication
- Highlights specific needs of neonates and adolescents
- Placed in the context of inter-disciplinary care of the child
- Includes the rationale for each procedure - the 'why' as well as 'how'
- Information presented in a similar way to The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures - offering continuity to those working in both adult and paediatric settings