OpenGL brings an added dimension to your graphics by utilizing the remarkable power of modern GPUs. This straight-talking cookbook is perfect for intermediate C++ programmers who want to exploit the full potential of OpenGL
- Explores current graphics programming techniques including GPU-based methods from the outlook of modern OpenGL 3.3
- Includes GPU-based volume rendering algorithms
- Discover how to employ GPU-based path and ray tracing
- Create 3D mesh formats and skeletal animation with GPU skinning
- Explore graphics elements including lights and shadows in an easy to understand manner
OpenGL is the leading cross-language, multi-platform API used by masses of modern games and applications in a vast array of different sectors. Developing graphics with OpenGL lets you harness the increasing power of GPUs and really take your visuals to the next level.
OpenGL Development Cookbook is your guide to graphical programming techniques to implement 3D mesh formats and skeletal animation to learn and understand OpenGL.
OpenGL Development Cookbook introduces you to the modern OpenGL. Beginning with vertex-based deformations, common mesh formats, and skeletal animation with GPU skinning, and going on to demonstrate different shader stages in the graphics pipeline. OpenGL Development Cookbook focuses on providing you with practical examples on complex topics, such as variance shadow mapping, GPU-based paths, and ray tracing. By the end you will be familiar with the latest advanced GPU-based volume rendering techniques.
What you will learn from this book
- Create an OpenGL 3.3 rendering context
- Get to grips with camera-based viewing and object picking techniques
- Learn off-screen rendering and environment mapping techniques to render mirrors
- Discover shadow mapping techniques, including variance shadow mapping
- Implement a particle system using shaders
- Learn about GPU-based methods for global illumination using spherical harmonics and SSAO
- Understand translucent geometry and order independent transparency using dual depth peeling
- Explore GPU-based volumetric lighting using half angle slicing and physically based simulation on the GPU using transform feedback
This hands-on Cookbook cuts through the preamble and gets straight to the point. OpenGL Development Cookbook is perfect for intermediate C++ programmers. Full of practical techniques for implementing amazing computer graphics and visualizations, using OpenGL. Crammed full of useful recipes, OpenGL Development Cookbook will help you exploit OpenGL to its full potential.
Who this book is written for
OpenGL Development Cookbook is geared toward intermediate OpenGL programmers to take you to the next level and create amazing OpenGL graphics in your applications.