ONE COLD NIGHT SHE DISAPPEARED....
New York Police detective Dave Strauss is haunted by the one case he couldn't solve. A schoolgirl vanished off the streets of Brooklyn, with only a trail of blood and a series of untraceable phone calls from "the Groom" hinting at her fate. Now the cold dark night has engulfed another young girl--but this time she is part of Dave's family. He and his wife, Susan, know fourteen-year-old Lisa has not run away, and they know her disappearance is not just a tragic coincidence. And once the first phone call comes, they know she's not alone.
Praise for USA Today and international bestseller Katia Lief's novels:
- "Mesmerizing." --Lisa Gardner
- "Nail-biting suspense." --Richard Montanari
- "Taut, clean storytelling." --Publishers Weekly
- "A new force to reckon with in...suspense." --Donna Anders
- "Suspense at a high level." --Midwest Book Review
- "Readers will want to read more of this talented writer's work." --New York Journal of Books