Start using technology to spend less time working and more time living
Isn't that what technology was supposed to give us--more time? If your tools and gizmos seem to be consuming your life instead of streamlining it, you need these 100+ shortcuts. Here are updated versions of tried-and-true techniques plus plenty of new tricks that take advantage of smartphone technology and the growing importance of the web. There are tips for everyone--from Windows, Mac, and Linux power users to those less tech-savvy--all designed to put hours back into your life.
A dozen ways to take back time
* Hack 7: Future-Proof Your E-mail Address
* Hack 12: Instantly Retrieve Files Stored on Your Computer
* Hack 24: Design Your Own Planner
* Hack 37: Set Up a Ubiquitous Note-Taking Inbox Across Devices
* Hack 43: Build a No-Fly Zone
* Hack 65: Make Google Search Results Automatically Come to You
* Hack 71: Run a Home Web Server
* Hack 80: Automate Android Functions with Tasker
* Hack 84: Command Your Phone with Your Voice
* Hack 93: Extend Your Web Browser
* Hack 109: Firewall Your Mac
* Hack 110: Speed Up Windows with a Thumb Drive
At www.lifehackerbook.com you'll find hack updates, additional information, and more tips and tricks.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Adam Pash is the Editor-in-Chief of Lifehacker.com and host of the popular Lifehacker web show. A self-taught software developer, he has created popular apps like Texter and MixTape.me.
Gina Trapani is the founding editor of Lifehacker.com. Named one of the Most Influential Women in Technology by Fast Company magazine, today she co-hosts popular web show This Week in Google.