- Verlag: Knopf (10. Juli 2014)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 0307263886
- ISBN-13: 978-0307263889
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 12,2 x 1 x 17,1 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 129.168 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Knopf MapGuide: Paris (Knopf Citymap Guides) (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 10. Juli 2014
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre E-Mail-Adresse oder Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
The Washington Post says, “The map guide lets you be inconspicuous: it’s as small and light as a novella, and its flip-out maps could pass as a flyer to a cool club.”
“Make sure you never lose your way in a strange city. Each of the Knopf MapGuides captures its city’s pith in a package as small as a passport wallet…”– Real Simple
“Knopf MapGuides are handy, practical and perfect for those of us who are slightly impaired when it comes to map-reading. You don’t have to search a huge crackling sheet with a microscopic index for one of 10,000 dots on the map…The extraordinary quality of the books’ beautiful hues and heavy paper also give these $8.95 guides an evocative quality that stands apart from the glossy, garish look of most travel books.” – Marin Independent Journal
“A good, handy portable item for a quick trip” – San Francisco Chronicle
“We love Knopf’s smart new map guides.” – Travel & Leisure
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
We went to Paris as a family group of eight as the last part of a trip that also included Madrid and Barcelona.
This book and its companion edition on Barcelona were extremely helpful and up to date. The beginning overview easily segues into the separate detail maps of different sections of the city. They are large enough to show street level detail in print large enough to be read without reading glasses. They are easily read in dim light, stiff enough to be read in a breeze and small enough to be somewhat covert (that is, it isn't obvious to everyone within a block that you don't know where you are). The metro and train maps at the back are accurate and a real helpful and thoughtful addition to each book.
The entries on attractions, restaurants, shopping, and music were well written, accurate and up to date. We did not encounter listed places that were out of business or at great variance as to price.
1. Compact - fits in purse or jacket pocket. Easy to unfold and refold each map.
2. Excellent map detail - shows all streets, Metro stops, important buildings and points of interest. Also has a separate Metro map.
3. Contains other useful information - not a substitute for a guidebook, but the back of each map provides short descriptions of major attractions, restaurants, etc. This is useful when you're in an area and you want to know what else you should see while you're there.
1. Metro lines are not shown on maps - the Metro stops are shown on the street maps, but sometimes it was difficult to relate the street maps to the separate Metro map. If the Metro routes were superimposed on the street maps, this would have been a lot easier (although this may be a difficult thing to do while keeping the maps readable).