Learn from an expert and master JBoss Application Server through this brilliantly accessible book. It irons out the difficulties and covers creating, debugging, and securing Java EE applications. The only manual you need.
- A complete guide for JBoss developers covering everything from basic installation to creating, debugging, and securing Java EE applications on this popular, award-winning JBoss application server
- Master the most important areas of Java Enterprise programming including EJB 3.1, JPA, Contexts and Dependency Injection, web services, the security framework, and more
- Starts with the basics of JBoss AS 7 and moves on to cover important advanced topics with the help of easy-to-understand, practical examples
JBoss Application Server meets high standards of reliability, efficiency, and robustness, and is used to build powerful and secure Java EE applications. It supports the most important areas of Java Enterprise programming including EJB 3.1, Contexts and Dependency Injection, JAX-WS and JAX-RS web services, the security framework, and more. Getting started with JBoss application server development can be challenging; however, with the right approach and guidance, you can easily master it and this book promises that.
Written in an easy-to-read style, this book will take you from the basics of JBoss ASsuch as installing core components and pluginsto the skills that will make you a JBoss developer to be reckoned with, covering advanced topics such as developing applications with the JBoss messaging service, JBoss web services, clustered applications, and more.
You will learn the necessary steps to install a suitable environment for developing enterprise applications on JBoss AS. You will also learn how to design Enterprise applications using Eclipse, JBoss plugins, and Maven to build and deploy your applications. Readers will learn how to enable distributed communication using JMS. Storing and retrieving objects will be made easier using the Java Persistence API. The core section of the book will take you into the programming arena with tested, real-world examples. The example programs have been carefully crafted to be easy to understand and useful as starting points for your applications.
This practical guide will show you how to gain hands-on experience rapidly on Java EE development using JBoss AS with easy-to-understand and practical programming examples.
What you will learn from this book
- JBoss AS 7 essentials: the new file system structure, the new configuration, and what the difference is between standalone servers and domain servers, as well as introducing new management instruments
- Move from the EJB Paradigm to CDI Beans and create a web application using CDI Beans
- Set up the Arquillian environment and test your application from inside the container and outside
- Discover the JBoss messaging provider and add Queues and Topics to your example. Advanced JMS: Consume messages from an external JMS Provider
- Get started with JBoss web services providers and add SOAP-based web services to your example, as well as adding RESTful web services to your example
- Write CLI scripts to manage your applications and dive deep into the Management API
- Explore clustering the Web tier and clustering the service components on JBoss AS 7
- Create login modules for your applications and secure the web tier of your application, as well as securing the EJB tier of the application