Get up to speed with one of the the worlds most popular NoSQLdatabase
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Query in MongoDB from the Mongo shell
- Learn about the aggregation framework and Map Reduce support in Mongo
- Tips and tricks for schema designing and how to develop high performance applications using MongoDB
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich Document Orientated Database. This popular, highly scalableNoSQL database is used to power some of the world's most used applications and websites.
MongoDB Starter is designed to get you working with MongoDB as quickly as possible. Starting with the installation and setup, we quickly show you how to start importing your data into the database. Furthermore, you will learn about CRUD operations in MongoDB, its Map Reduce support, schema design, and performance tuning operations.
After successfully installing and setting up MongoDB, you will be introduced to important configuration parameters and the terminologies used in the Mongo world and their equivalent in the relational world. You will learn how to import data into the database and connect to the MongoDB from the Mongo shell and execute some queries. We will then move on to advanced topics such as performing insert, update and upsert(update + insert) operations, executing advanced queries, schema design concepts, and creating indexes for performance. MongoDB Starter finishes with a look at the new aggregation framework, Map Reduce operations, and how to bulk import and export data.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and start MongoDB in no time
- Import data into the database
- Discover various query operators that can be put to use to write powerful queries
- Insert, update, and delete data in the collections
- Discover schema design concepts and basic query level performance tuning
- Use the aggregation framework to perform aggregation operations
- Utilize MapReduce support in Mongo
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. MongoDB Starter is a fast and practical guide designed to help you start developing high-performance and scalable applications using MongoDB.
Who this book is written for
MongoDB Starter is ideal for developers who are new to MongoDB and who need a no-nonsense guide on how to start working with it. No knowledge of MongoDB is required to follow this book, but some knowledge of C++ would be helpful.