Everything you need to get started with UAG and its features for mobile devices
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn the basics of UAG from the ground up, with easy installation and configuration guides and hints.
- Optimize UAG for mobile devices and understand the features youll be using to give the best service level to your users.
- Understand the security features that UAG provides, allowing you to filter and control mobile access to UAG.
- Learn how to make your backend resources available for mobile clients.
UAG provides your employees, clients, or partners secure remote access to your vital corporate resources, while delivering a seamless integration with your existing network environment. UAG is able to optimize content for different mobile devices, and is also able to publish complex applications in a simple manner. You are also able to integrate UAG with multiple domains and federated authentications, to give the highest quality service in a mobility scenario.
"Instant Microsoft Forefront UAG Mobile Configuration Starter" is a concise and informative book that allows you to set up and start using UAG without any existing knowledge of the area.
This book will start by expertly guiding you through the installation and setup of UAG, and then show you how to publish a simple application for mobile devices, in order to familiarize you with concepts and operations that you will use throughout with UAG.
The main body of the book focuses on a series of essential, and incredibly practical, recipes and examples designed to help you in utilizing UAG features for their maximum effect.
By the end of "Instant Microsoft Forefront UAG Mobile Configuration Starter", you will know all the vital information you need to deploy UAG in a successful and efficient manner, in order to tailor the configuration to your companys specific requirements.
What you will learn from this book
- How to install UAG, from scratch.
- How to customize the UAG portal's look and feel to suit your needs.
- How to configure HAT and AAM.
- How to manage logon and enable the use of PIN for legacy devices.
- How to configure trunks and applications.
- How to monitor, troubleshoot, and test your mobile devices.
- How to configure SharePoint and Office Mobile access through UAG.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A no-nonsense Starter guide, designed to give you maximum guidance with minimum fuss.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for system administrators, I.T. professionals, unified communication technicians, and decision makers, in general. No knowledge of UAG is required to understand the book and start setting up UAG immediately.